1 year contract Financial Accounting and Reporting Specialist
- Compile data and perform financial analysis to ensure data completeness and accuracy in both onshore and offshore insurance fund P&L and Balance Sheet between underwriting and financial accounting system.
- Maintain accuracy in both Core and Local ledgers and provide support to all work papers, this is not limited to reviewing financial controls for operations and the work performed by Offshore Finance Ops located in India.
- Consolidate and prepare regulatory and statutory reporting on a quarterly and annual basis and ensure the reports are prepared in accordance with the accounting standards, MAS RBC 2 and other statutory requirements. This includes quarterly capital projections and annual stress testing.
- Provide financial analysis of the consolidated insurance results
- Oversee expense management and good oversight of cash flow, accrual, prepayment, recharge, intercompany balance and GST prepared by fellow team members.
- Evaluate financial and accounting procedures and make recommendations for changes to procedures and control functions.
- Review quarterly GST prepared by offshore tax team and ensure tax settlement, allocation and reconciliation are accurate and complete.
- Manage all filing deadlines and ensure compliance to procedural and reporting standards, both Group and Regulatory & Statutory requirements.
- Liaise with external actuaries and auditors for actuarial and audit related matters and queries.
- Assist Manager in finance projects and other new financial reporting standards such as RBC 2 refinements and IFRS 17
- Prepare other regulatory and ad-hoc reports and disclosures for management as identified by Manager.
- Degree in Accountancy &/or recognized accounting qualification ACCA/CPA/CIMA.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience (at least 2 years of experience in similar capacity in the General Insurance/ Reinsurance industry).
- Ideally internal / external audit experience with a strong focus in the insurance market and solid background in MAS Risk Based Capital (RBC) Framework.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently and under own initiative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of an ERP package and Accounting/Analytical Software such as PeopleSoft, Ess-Base Cube, Qlikview, EFRL is preferable.
- Solid compliance experience in Company and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience in a Financial Services environment
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- Good report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point
If you are interested in the role above, kindly email your updated resume to Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Licence Number: 10C5117
EA registration Number R1104661