6 Months Contract Senior Operational Risk Manager
|Salary:||S$8000 - S$9000 per month|
Top tier European multinational bank
Office located in the east
Salary Range: $8000 to $9000
Our client in a top tier European multinational bank that has a network spanning more than 65 countries. They have businesses in Consumer, Corporate and Institutional banking with more than 80,000 employees worldwide. They are currently looking for a Senior Operational Risk Manager to ensure that the Enterprise Risk Management Framework are effectively embedded in the Operational Risk Framework and all Policies and Procedures are communicated across the Group. This role will also be the main point of contact for all Operational Risk Policies & Procedures and Operational Risk regulatory returns.
Your scope of work will include:
- Support the Senior Operational Risk Officer to ensure that the Enterprise Risk Management Framework is effectively embedded in the Operational Risk Framework
- Design, implement, certify and maintain operational risk capabilities, skills, and infrastructure to meet ongoing business needs and plans.
- Effectively manage operational risks within the Operational Risk function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of operational risk management processes.
- Establish Operational Risk Policies and Procedures to support the Operational Risk Framework.
- Support Senior Operational Risk Officer in the ongoing maintenance of GOR Policies and Procedures
- Incorporate all relevant changes such as changes to ERMF, changes to external regulation, and actions from regulators into the framework.
- Manage and maintain the Operational Risk SharePoint site
- Ensure all Operational Risk Policies and Procedures are communicated in accordance with the GOR Policy & Procedure Release Guidelines.
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Operational Risk function from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits.
- Lead through example and embed the Group's values and code of conduct in the Operational Risk function to drive adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Align the Operational Risk Framework to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application across all areas.
- Ensure the inputs of the team to risk committees is of sufficient quality in order to comply with the Compliance Framework and additional regulatory requirements.
- Support in providing internal reports and papers to Risk Governance committees
- Support in developing and maintaining the standards for ORF
- Ensure Risk Ownership for operational risk sub-types owned by the Group Head, Operational Risk are delegated to suitable named individuals in Group and globally.
- Have a high level of understanding of the requirements of the Group's key external stakeholders in respect of operational risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures.
- Independently assure all external operational loss returns prior to submission to the Regulator, External party and for inclusion in the Group Annual Report.
To be successful in this role, you would need at least 3 years operational risk background. You would also need to possess strong market knowledge of the banking industry and strong interpersonal and communication skills. A sharp business acumen with the ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return will also be required. Experience in driving complex change management and designing of control initiatives will be an added advantage.
If you are interested in the role above, click on the apply button now or email your updated resume
Alternatively, you can contact me at +65 68545645 for a detailed discussion.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Licence Number: 10C5117 EA registration Number R1104693