AML (Transaction monitoring) - 6 months contract
Our client is a top tier multinational bank that has a network spanning more than 65 countries.
For this role, you will investigate risk events / cases escalated and transactional trends for the purpose of identifying suspicious transactions / activities and escalate Suspicious Transactions Reports to the Head of FCC or designate, in compliance with Group policy and procedures, laws and regulations in Singapore on AML/CFT.
- Ensure that cases and/or risk events raised by the Transaction Surveillance system are validated, investigated, disposed satisfactorily and investigation outcome is adequately documented, in a timely manner within Case Analysis Duration (CAD)
- Contact point for all external law enforcement agencies in respect to Production Orders to the Bank. Also conducts further review of customer's features in Production Orders for possible misuse of their accounts with the Bank.
- In respect of transaction surveillance, establish and develop effective working relationship with Business Units, Group and ASA Financial Crime Compliance, Transaction Surveillance team and Country Compliance.
- Maintain registers such as SAR/STR, Case registers up-to-date & ensure timely escalations, trigger event mails are sent to RM/business touch points.
- Ensure that records of suspicious activity reports are kept in accordance with the Bank's record retention requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in (Accountancy, Banking, Business, Economics or Law) or relevant professional qualification in financial services or audit
- At least two (3) years' of relevant experience in conducting AML transaction monitoring investigations, including performing clients transaction reviews and open source research, with the aim of identifying potentially suspicious transactions, conducting Know Your Customer (KYC) related tasks, particularly on high risk clients and preparing/reviewing and/or filing Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with Singapore Business Units.
- Sound knowledge of applicable AML Laws and Regulations of the respective country and the ability to interpret and apply them to actual situations.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all Suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager/Team Lead.
- Detailed understanding of relevant Group and local policies and standards.
- Good knowledge of banking products and support structure.
- Good data analytics, application & interpretation skills. An inquisitive approach to practices and procedures. Personal authority and integrity. Independence and resilience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in AML investigations from financial industry or from law enforcement is a plus
Should you be keen on the role, please send your CV to Raymond de Amboy firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6854 5644 for a confidential chat.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117. EA Personnel Registration Number: R1219081.