APAC Compliance Analyst (12 months contract)
|Salary:||S$54000 - S$65000 per annum|
You will sit within the Region and Country Support Unit and will report to the APAC Cross Border Data Clearance Regional Manager to provide coordination and support for cross border business initiatives, assists businesses to comply with requirements associated with Data Privacy Laws, as well as Cross Border, Bank Secrecy, Outsourcing and Export Licensing regulations and requirements.
The main purpose of this role is the coordination of Global Cross Border Data Clearance (CBDC) projects within the APAC countries. The team partners with global, regional and country staff to clarify issues that may arise due to requirements and develop approaches to resolve them. You will get to work closely with other functions in the CBDC to manage issues through the 'Clearance' life cycle.
- Coordination of Cross Border Data Clearance (CBDC) project for the assigned APAC countries.
- Manage client relationship with key country contacts from Chief Privacy Office, Legal, Compliance and Business to ensure cross border business initiatives are identified, understood and supported by CBDC
- Host/Attend regular meetings/calls with country contacts to review open issues and understand steps necessary to bring to resolution. Ensure actions and ownership are clearly documented and understood
- Use of Data Privacy Automation tool (DPAT) to manage data privacy issues through the clearance lifecycle
- Research and analyze open initiatives that require further information by the in-country team
- Reviewing and facilitating documentation which meets the necessary local and regional requirements in support of CBDC issue resolution
- Perform Leveraging analysis to determine when pre-existing clearances may be used to meet transfer requirements
- Reviewing changes to local or country laws and regulations to ensure appropriate privacy requirements and activities are covered for all initiatives
- Identify initiative issues and risks and bring to the attention of the Regional Manager
- Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies within BAU CBDC processes and engagements
- Preparing ad hoc reports and statistics in order to meet Regional/Country Governance commitments
- Assign preliminary actions and confirm with in-country business contacts and ensure that these review with their Legal and Compliance SMEs.
- Experience of working in Regulatory, Legal or Compliance environments - An understanding of banking operations
- Knowledge of data privacy and Outsourcing laws in the region an advantage
- Technical proficiencies in MS Office Suite including MS Project
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with limited instruction or supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to complete complex time bound tasks
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively with stakeholders at various levels within the company
- Be organized and thorough with strong administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Interested applicants with 3-5 years of compliance experience are strongly encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257