Assistant Procurement Manager (Chemical)
|Specialisation:||Supply Chain & Procurement|
|Salary:||Up to S$7500 per month|
Assistant Procurement Manager
Our client is one of the leading groups covering the energy industry. The role will be based in Singapore and reporting to their procurement head.
You will be responsible for:
- Market screening, supplier sourcing and selection;
- Strategical chemical bulk & specialty commodity procurement to support global mills;
- Achieving assigned cost savings targets;
- Negotiating with suppliers on price and contract's terms and conditions;
- Making sound and timely purchasing decision by studying and monitoring the market conditions;
- Supplier quality and deliveries which meet expectation and targets;
- Overseeing the chemical purchases across all mills as a global lead to develop a commodity strategy in which is in line with the global strategy;
- Market update to senior management;
- Short, mid and long-term purchase strategies and follow up on critical initiatives;
- Developing strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Graduate in Engineering (preferably Chemical Engineering or related) or Business Administration, and possess minimum 6-8 years of procurement experience;
- Excellent negotiation skills and a proven track record in goal achievement;
- Good commodity buying (sales or trading can be considered) knowledge and sensitivity to all important aspect of economy across all countries concerned;
- Long term strategic thinking mindset and short-term tactical support attitude;
- Good people management skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skill to interact with different level of stakeholders;
- Candidates with sales or commodity trading experience will also be considered.
If you believe you fit the requirements for the role, please click Apply now. Alternatively, you can email your CV to Gloria.Xu@ambition.com.sg. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Business License Number: 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1879945.