Assistant Underwriter - Facultative / Engineering
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a leading reinsurance company - especially successful in the pan-Asia region which has won numerous awards. Now they are looking for an assistant underwriter handling facultative, property, energy and engineering product lines.
The successful candidate is required to help underwriter to underwriter manage a portfolio of facultative, property, energy and engineering risk profitably. Besides, you are expected to assist in developing and servicing a book of facultative, property, energy and engineering business. You need to assist in servicing cedants and intermediaries, and help in formulating market-specific strategies. You should also assist view the underwriting guidelines and suggest improvements, changes or amendments.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- At least 1 year underwriting experience in facultative insurance, practical risk analysis experience and be familiar with standard wordings and clauses used in different markets
- Basic grasp in the risk landscape in the underlying industries and also familiar with the markets, distribution systems and the key players
- Good grasp of risk management, intermediary market place, international and local market trends and developments
- Experience in the industry associated with risks in the unit he underwrites is preferred
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills