Associate, Financial Reporting & Accounting (6 months contract)
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services Finance & Accounting Contracting|
|Salary:||S$3000 - S$4000 per month|
This role is to provide financial and administrative support to the Finance & Accounting department and is responsible of handling an insurance firm's entity which involves completing payments and control expenses by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. It also includes other areas such as fixed asset, cash management, expense budget and analysis, GST, posting of journal entries and performing accounts reconciliations. Working location is at Raffles Place.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including office and staff travel & entertainment expenses and seek payment approval
- Work closely with India accounts payable team to ensure all payments are processed accurately and act as liaison between India team, local business functions, vendors and banks on all expense and invoice enquiries
- Verify staff travel and entertainment expense reports and ensure all coding are accurate and well supported by relevant receipts before reimbursement. This includes settlement of corporate card expenditures
- Run weekly pay cycle reports to review all payments are settled promptly and reconcile processed payments by verifying entries to balances
- Maintain cash balances and ensure accounts are sufficient for all insurance and expense payments
- Maintain fixed asset and lease registers
- Process quarterly backroom fees and internal commissions as part of intercompany recharges to other entities
- Ensure accountability of GST and issue GST invoices on all applicable transactions, recharges and allocations and prepare quarterly GST return
- Prepare quarterly balance sheet schedules and reconciliations e.g. bank, sundry debtor and creditor, deposit, accrual, prepayment, fixed asset, intercompany recharges and balances, inter-ledger control accounts and inter-fund balances, GST etc.
- Maintain current and historical expense records and support annual expense budget and analysis
- Prepare weekly cash flow updates and quarterly cash forecast for management reporting
- Prepare ad-doc reports and disclosures for management as identified by Senior Analyst and Financial Controller
- You will report to the Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting & Accounting.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Good understanding of principles of finance, basic bookkeeping and accounting.
- Diploma in Accountancy or recognized accounting qualification ACCA/ISCA
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in similar capacity
- Knowledge in Oracle's PeopleSoft application is desirable
- Experience in a Financial Services environment
- Up to date appreciation of the technical requirements of the role
- Proven ability in identifying and analysing problems, creating good solutions, deploying sound decision making skills
- Proven track record of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first class customer service internally and/or externally
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst a wide and demanding client group
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- First class report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a confident and articulate presenter to internal/external audiences, exercising appropriate discretion in dealing with people from all levels of the Company
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Able to organise self (and others if applicable) including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, completing tasks to tight deadlines. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action (using initiative) whilst working effectively within a team
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters, with a strong desire to challenge and deliver
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically Excel (including ability to manage if not write macros), Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257