AVP, Legal Entity Controller (6 months contract)
|Salary:||S$5500 - S$6500 per month|
Reporting to the VP for Legal Entity Control, the incumbent will be responsible for the production of management reports for daily regulatory monitoring and production of MAS reporting & Head Office reporting.
In addition the role is required to interact and in close collaboration with the businesses to develop innovative ways to add shareholder value. This is achieved by striving to execute in a consistent and timely manner, and by implementing best practices globally across the division.
- Production of MAS regulatory reporting for BMBS, a merchant Bank licensed entity in Singapore. This includes preparing the calculation of capital adequacy ratio (CAR) under MAS Notice 1111.
- Prepare and complete month end Head Office reporting including an analytics of Profit & Loss, balance sheet movements, Intercompany mismatches.
- Quick analysis and response to ad-hoc queries both internally and from regulators.
- Work with the VP to develop and set up controlling tools ensuring data integrity and completeness for accurate and timely regulatory reporting submission.
- Prepare and submit local regulatory tax filings including indirect and direct tax and working in close consultation with the Tax Director.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts under Singapore accounting standards. Support queries from external auditors during annual compliance audit.
- Involvement in Finance projects initiatives around reporting changes and controls, process reviews and system enhancements.
- The role will require working predominantly with RegPro, SAP, BW, Access and Excel as well as the core sub-ledgers.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong control & financial reporting skills and excellent financial accounting knowledge on banking products.
- Ability to prioritize and escalate breaches/issues as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills in both formal and informal settings & ability to interact with the region and as part of a global team (written and verbal).
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Working experience in investment banks of which related working experience in Singapore Banking regulatory team is a strong advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Work well in a team and maintains good relations with team members. Show enthusiasm, initiative and diligence. Enjoys working in a high pressure and challenging environment.
- Diligent and hardworking. Proactive and accountable.
- Self Starter and Finisher. Have strong ability to multi-task.
Working location is at Raffles Place.
Please send in your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are comfortable to take on a 6 months maternity cover contract role.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257