AVP/VP, Operational Risk Manager (8 month maternity contract)
|Salary:||S$96000 - S$108000 per annum|
*8 months maternity cover, no possibility of extending. Looking for candidates with at least 7 years of Ops Risk experience in the banking industry. Ability to deal with senior stakeholders.*
Support delivery of the group-wide operational risk stress testing agenda. A key aspect of this role is to develop tools to enable complete and verifiable impact assessments of stress tests, to analyse the results of stress tests taking input from experts and to recommend further actions.
- Define, formulate and maintain the best practice methodology, standards and approach for an enhanced OR scenario analysis exercises within the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and specifically for low-frequency, high-severity tail-risks and oversee its effective application across all areas.
- Plan, design, implement and report on risk assessments of scenarios to all required internal committee and external regulator
- Drive quality input into external consultation and other papers on regulatory capital for Operational Risk
- Ensure business heads, first line process owners and all Operational Risk Control Owners understand and participate effectively in the Group OR scenario analysis and stress testing programme.
- Provide oversight and risk control review of country produced ICAAP reports and methodology compliance.
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealing with regulators.
- Drive quality input into all relevant internal development and changes in Operational Risk capital, including methodology, measurement, risk appetite and any other areas requiring further development
- Drive OR input into Group's Pillar 1 OR capital computation, Pillar 2 ICAAP submission and any other regulatory exercises to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide oversight and guidance to countries on responding to Group level OR-related regulatory capital queries i.e. Group lead regulators PRA requirement.
- Support countries in preparing any TSA applications to local regulators (including ICAAP submissions, questionnaires and QIS surveys).
- Support the Group in establishing the framework and foundation for more sophisticated stress testing models and evolving towards AMA capital model (a future target of the Group in future years).
- Ensure OR regulatory capital framework follows regulatory standards and requirements (esp. CRR), develop controls and provide assurance of regulatory compliance to CRR.
- Support the implementation of the ORF with regards to stress testing programme planning and analysis.
- Contribute to establishing procedures, standards and assure the quality of the ORF implemented in accordance with policy standards and the RMF.
Qualifications & Skills
- Market & Business Knowledge: Previous knowledge of Operational Risk is a must. Understand the economic environment in the key markets and the product/process knowledge of the bank.
- Risk Management and Control: Analyse stress test results to identify the vulnerabilities to the bank
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Understand the Stress Testing governance process and participate in the Risk control process.
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Understand the regulatory frameworks for operational risk, capital and the recovery and resolution planning.
- Non-technical skills: Ability to build strong working relationships within Risk and across functions.
- Technical Skills: Strong analytical skills.
Experienced ORM candidates are encouraged to send their resumes in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257