Backend Team Lead
Our client is a Singapore-based financial technology company. The firm's proprietary systems provide data-driven wealth advice in constructing personalised solutions. Its portfolios are built on access to institutional-quality financial products at the lowest cost possible.
We are looking for a Backend Team Lead who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
Being part of Technology team, you will build end-to-end product features that you are confident of delighting user experiences.
You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realize these goals and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture, and interaction.
- 2-5 years of experience as the technical lead or team manager
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5-10 years of experience developing distributed systems or building a larger application from scratch
- Self-driven, has a strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently
- Familiarity with operational technologies, including Docker, Chef, Puppet, ZooKeeper, Terraform, and Ansible
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
- Developed and maintained mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Basic knowledge of finance and investing
- Experience in building and managing microservices architecture
- Experience in AWS or GCP
- Experience using high-throughput, distributed message queueing systems such as Kafka.
- Experience with distributed databases, such as Cassandra, and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Basic understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, Docker)
- Testing mindsets such as Test Driven Development, and able to lead the Backend Team to accomplish various Quality initiatives as part of Development lifecycle in collaboration with Test Engineering Team
Benefits and Perks
- Employee discount for investing; all the investment advice and help you may ever need (books, reports, access to investment professionals)
- Market competitive total compensation package; Medical insurance coverage
- Apple equipment; S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity
- Regular team outings; Weekly virtual team lunch
- A shelf full of books from personal finance to software engineering
- Convenient office location (close to Outram/Tanjong Pagar MRT, surrounded by famous foods); We are remotely working at the moment due to COVID-19.
Ambition is a leading global boutique recruitment business operating across key international cities. We access hard to find, high calibre professionals within Banking & Financial Services, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Technology (IT). We believe our size is a significant differentiator in the recruitment industry. We are big enough to undertake large scale projects for our clients yet retain the soul and personality of a smaller company. We are best known for our specialization with in-depth knowledge and expertise, well-established networks and deep relationships. We work towards 'building better futures' for our clients, candidates and our community.
For more information, please visit www.ambition.com.sg.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only
EA Registration Number: R1770427
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.