Category Manager, Xbox (12 months extendable contract)
|Salary:||S$4000 - S$4800 per annum|
In this role, you will be able to create and execute an integrated Category Strategy for Xbox products across all Consumer Channels in South East Asia. You will be expected to drive the strategy, investment priorities, goals by account and engage with multiple teams to develop plans that are landed through the Device Sales, Channel Sales and Channel Marketing teams. You will be accountable for developing and executing annual and seasonal marketing plans that will drive revenue for these LOB's as well as reach key performance indicator targets.
- Lead the Xbox Business in South East Asia - Take ownership of the business P&L, reporting during ROB key milestones and making strategic investment choices in the SEA sub-region. This individual will have full autonomy to impact and influence the business in SEA and will need to have the required leadership skills to drive impact.
- Drive marketing and sales plans - Develop integrated marketing plans and strategic market objectives by channel partner, drive marketing execution and measure execution and return on investment (ROI). Identify key segments for compete and growth opportunities. Work with sales teams on partner mapping, segmentation and prioritization.
- Drive Investment Alignment - Align investments across all consumer channels by pitching the strategy; manage through channel investments and ensure highest ROI.
- Ready the team - Ensure readiness across segment and partner teams. Develop and share clear insights into growth drivers and blockers, competitive situation and a focus on the voice of the customer to feedback upstream
- Tell the Product and Profitability Story - Land local product and category stories with partners including pitch decks and readiness meetings so they are leading sell in aligned to priorities.
- Manage and Monitor ROB - Manage and monitor the business identifying upside and managing risk or gaps. Deliver on the ROB for the assigned category of products, by channel.
- Excel in Business Operations - drive accurate demand planning and inventory management processes; provide inputs to pricing process; land price promos and 1st/3rd party value-add bundles to drive volume and mix.
- Provide Analysis & Insight - This individual will need to have the ability to crisply tell the business story including issues, opportunities and clear asks (art of summarization) on continuous basis by partners, leverage quantitative data to provide analysis and insight back to the business on trends from a performance and compete perspective.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a relentless driver who is skilled in getting work done through influence of others - both internally and externally through retail partners
- Be a confident leader, representing your business in front of partners and stakeholder at all levels inside and outside of Microsoft
- Have a successful track record in managing and expanding a consumer category attaining sales and profitability targets
- Have sharp analytical skills and strong financial acumen to manage a P&L
- Be the expert for Gaming in South East Asia
- Maintain a strong knowledge and awareness of the games industry and competitive trends
- Understand retail environment, consumer and overall marketplace dynamics impacting the gaming category
- Drive agreement on key channel objectives and strategies for the category and products with channel manager, account teams and accounts
- Understand levers for driving change at retail, share and revenue in the category (e.g. on price, shelf presence, display, features, promotions, convenience, etc), online motions and consumer purchase habits by account and product
- Proven success at business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
- Sharp analytical skills and acumen and can use to review and manage budgets, market data and deal opportunities
- Passion for the gaming industry or consumer marketing and technology
- Business management expertise, substantial experience in retail Go-To-Market planning and execution, influence leadership and collaboration skills to drive impact and results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives at different maturity stages
- A strong communicator capable of driving complex projects across multiple groups, deal with ambiguity, and be comfortable interacting with senior leaders and virtual teams internally and externally
- Ability to develop and build trustworthy relationships with retailers and other key partners
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization and ability to effectively manage multiple projects required
- Self-starting mindset with the ability to work with minimal guidance across teams, independently or collaboratively
- Action and detail-oriented with broad knowledge of sales and marketing including solid experience working through multiple internal and external partners to achieve superior results
- 7+ years product or category marketing experience preferably within a global, multi-brand company
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, preferably in business, marketing or equivalent experience
Candidates with relevant experience are welcome to write in with their resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117. EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257