Chief Engineer - Tanker Owner
Chief Engineer - Tanker Owner
- Global company, focused in having the best system and operations regionally
- Stable and foreseeable significant growth
- Leadership position, with authority and working along with other talented group of experts and experienced engineers.
This role will be based in Singapore. Your main responsibility will include, but not limited to:
- Generally managing the whole spectrum of the technical management of the fleet
- Accountable and responsible of the general maintenance, repair, costing, assessment and surveying.
- Responsible in having the vessels up to operating standard according to the regulation
- Managing the technical and operational readiness of the vessel performance
- Perform evaluation of maintenance repairs and surveys to ensure repair specification is as requested
- Responsible in managing reporting of maintenance such as completed tasks, operational budget, and actual cost handling.
- Handling requested supplies of the vessel and ensuring all are cost effective relative to the budget and on the required maintenance plan
- Managing the technical status of vessel with relation to class certification
- Managing all safety certificates are maintained and updated
- Responsible in leading the technical assistance for ships whenever required
- Managing third party maintenance works on the vessels.
- Managing all aspects of the technical compliance is up to standards, any deviations is to be investigated and rectified.
- Ensuring all standards, guidelines, and codes are following the regulations.
The Successful Applicant
We invite an senior, highly experienced professional with proven track record in the tanker industry. We are seeking a highly motivated and team driving individual to raise the bar of productivity and consistency. To be successful you must come with:
- Preferrably more than 15 years of continuous experience in the tanker industry, as a marine engineer, ideally already as Second Engineer or Chief Engineer
- Possessing CoC in Engine Class 1 (or Class 2)
- Ability to liaise, maintain, nurture, and develop relationship professionally across different stakeholders
- Experienced, direct, and tough leader - strong character who provides direction and thrives in a challenging and difficult environment.
- Experience in working in a fast paced, evolving working environment.
- High levels of drive for results, solution based attitude, motivational tactics, and use of performance management - goal orientated.
- Able to relate, connect, and work with strong and tough management for driving growth.
- Methodical and logical approach to problem solving - seeks, identifies and resolves hidden problems, continuous improvement mindset.
- Organizational Agility - Multi-tasker who can manage/orchestrate multiple activities.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Working for the world's renown firm, backed with a strong customer demand.
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.
Interested applicants can click APPLY NOW to attach your CV, or visit https://www.ambition.com.sg/job-search?disciplines=supply-chain-and-procurement-jobs to drop your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidate will be notified. #LI-GGA
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1872927
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.