Commodities Contract Management (9-12 months contract)
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services Contracting|
|Salary:||S$5500 - S$8000 per month|
Our client is one of the leading commodities trading firm in the market and this role sits with the APAC Legal team which is responsible for providing legal support to all APAC Platform businesses.
They are now looking for a junior to mid-level contract management professional to provide a full range of contract management support in priority to the LNG desk. This role will have a three-pronged scope of responsbility to:
1. support the LNG desk by assessing the overall trade LNG flow plan including commercial terms, cargo operations, payment terms and legal obligations of sale, purchase and/or storage transactions
2. preparing initial drafts or reviews of commercial contracts e.g. confirmation notices, standard agreements, renewals, extensions and addendums underlying APAC businesses in general
3. support the APAC Legal team general corporate counsel function
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Prepare and/or review first drafts of commercial contracts (including LNG confirmation notices based on termsheets and/or deal recaps, confidentiality agreements, broker agreements, side letters, terminations, etc.) in conjunction with and subject to guidance of the Legal and origination and trading teams
- Assess commercial, operational and legal risks in the transaction context and highlight the same promptly to relevant stakeholders to order to achieve mutually acceptable contractual position
- Execution of final contracts or amendments, including monitoring and participating in group approvals processes (where approvals required for certain types of matters)
- Timely filing of contracts, amendments, communications in the in-house database management software
- Assist the origination and trading team in managing the ongoing contract life cycle including amendments, all contractual requirements, measurement of compliance to agreed terms, periodic reminders of upcoming renewal dates, expirations etc.
- Conduct legal compliance and legal due diligence searches and preparing summaries; liaising and coordinating with various business units to ensure completeness of information required for legal compliance and due diligence purposes
- Liaising with and between group companies, internal and external company secretaries and local authorities on corporate secretarial matters, and managing and applying various corporate seals and stamps
- Maintaining precedents/templates database.
- Strict adherence and compliance with APAC's policies and codes
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a role involving close and frequent interactions with business stakeholders.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5+ years' work experience plus legal, business, English or equivalent qualification. Commercial legal and/or LNG experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Strong business sense and negotiation skills
- Accurate and efficient working style with high attention to detail
- Adaptive to change
- Self-starter and pro-active attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Fluent in English language is a MUST.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to work with a variety of internal departments plus external clients)
- Sensitivity to confidentialities combined with good judgment
If you fit the bill of what we are looking for, please write in with your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257