Commodities Middle Office (6 month contract)
This internationally renowned bank has a strong presence in the commodities space and now has a 6 month contract vacancy for an experienced candidate to join the local team in their Middle Office function.
- Ensure all prices which require fixing in Singapore working hours are done so in accordance with the fixing procedure and the product spec.
- Facilitate the build-out of automated fixings
- Ensure the timely checking of trades and subsequent validation/ pass back to Front Office.
- Target is validation of all trades on trade date and no operational losses
- Ensure all structured trades are booked following the agreed booking model and monitor all trade events and reporting requirements
- Assist IT to STP trades, including setting up auto validation rules and help develop reports to ensure trades are checked and validated on a priority basis, based on exceptions.
- Understand PNL derivation for all trades in order to facilitate the identification of incorrect trade details and enhance understanding of the trades being done.
- Use PNL Simulation Viewer to identify trade anomalies
- Perform timely reconciliation between internal trading systems
- Upload all source documents available at the time of trade validation into Filenet under the appropriate trade id
- Participate in Projects.
- At least 3 years experience of commodities, preferably within a Trade Support/ Middle Office role
- Understand the balance between the control, processing and support functions of Middle Office
- Basic understanding of Derivatives structures
- Effective communicator (both written and verbal)
- Strong working knowledge of all Commodity classes and principle contracts traded
- Desire to broaden knowledge base with new products/ initiatives and processes
- Good with MS Office packages
- Experience with some commodity TP system, murex preferable.
- Lateral thinker who is a strong team player with ability to work autonomously
- High analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Good understanding of the process flow of FM transactions (from front to back)
- Strong understanding of trade capture requirements and operational impacts
- Extremely high attention to detail
As this is an urgent requirement, if you have a background in commodities middle/back office and is able to start work immediately, please send in your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257