Our client is reinventing offshore inventory management for the marine industry by deploying the latest technologies that connect an ecosystem of suppliers, consumers, ship operators and owners. We are looking for an experienced Design Lead (UI/UX/Creative) to drive and implement all aspects of the design process - from conception to launch - and play a vital role to consumer satisfaction and the subsequent success of the business. The successful candidate will possess great interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with a customer-centric mindset approach towards designing software and systems. We are looking for someone with an inclination for leading and mentoring designers, while at the same time maintaining a hands-on approach. The position reports to the Head of Product and will work closely with the product, marketing and business stakeholders across the organization.
* Discover and translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, wireframes and prototypes
* Set clear design guidelines, create and maintain a design system for coherent design and faster product development in an agile environment
* Execute UI design for external- and internal-facing applications (web / app)
* Work closely with Product Managers to ensure design meets business goals and end-user's needs; excel in understanding complex product requirements and translate it into user-centric design solutions
* Communicate the product's vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs both verbally and visually to internal and external stakeholders
* Partner with engineering and QA teams to ensure designs are properly and timely implemented
* Manage and prioritise multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope
* Inspire, push creativity and identify best practices for the design team to uplevel design excellence and designers' career development
* Set design directions and guidelines for key marketing materials (e.g. website, key visuals, pitch decks, presentations, videos etc) and brief / overview freelancers or junior designers to execute these tasks
*Minimum 7 or 8 years of professional experience as an UX/UI Designer in a software/tech business.
* Proven experience working in projects from the stage of ideation all the way to the delivery of development-ready assets
* Great knowledge and hands-on experience with Figma, Zeplin, Adobe CS (AI, PS, PR).
* Understanding of Front End development and experience working in agile/scrum methodologies
* Excellent organization, prioritisation and resource management skills (i.e. planning design timeline and manage who will work on what, how to get it done, and when to deliver).
* Positive attitude and strong leadership qualities that inspire team members to deliver the highest quality.
* Good communications skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross functional teams and influence stakeholders through clear justification of design rationale
* Experience working side by side with product managers and developers, helping to communicate their design vision verbally and visually, and be ready to answer questions and clarify designs with engineers
* Submission of portfolio is required. Your portfolio should demonstrate knowledge of user-centric design, solutions to design problems and examples of design artefacts including hi-fi wireframes and/or UI examples.
Ambition is a leading global boutique recruitment business operating across key international cities. We access hard to find, high calibre professionals within Banking & Financial Services, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Technology (IT). We believe our size is a significant differentiator in the recruitment industry. We are big enough to undertake large scale projects for our clients yet retain the soul and personality of a smaller company. We are best known for our specialization with in-depth knowledge and expertise, well-established networks and deep relationships. We work towards 'building better futures' for our clients, candidates and our community.
For more information, please visit www.ambition.com.sg.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only
EA Registration Number: R1770427
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.