Director, Global Service Desk
What you get to do every day as Director, Global Service Desk:
- Develop & execute a Global Service Desk Strategy and Plan
- Recruit, onboard and develop talented IT Professionals and third-party providers
- Grow and mature the team so that they can undertake and support full end-to-end service desk improvement projects.
- Create mechanisms and processes for on boarding and off boarding of business systems for your services.
- Partner closely with business partners to further continuous improvement efforts.
- As ambassador for IT to our staff at Zendesk you will continue to build the brand of 'Best in class IT at scale' while delivering incredible customer service
- With a mindfulness for quality deliverables, align with IT and Facilities resources to execute on office expansion projects in a timely fashion
- Help manage the smooth running of all IT systems, including many cloud-based applications and local hardware policies
- Develop relevant metrics, dashboards and processes to become a data driven organization.
- Maintain currency, expertise and competency of relevant products, policies, and methods for support delivery
- Maintain a sense of humor while working in a fast-paced dynamic team
What you bring to the role:
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people, and facilitate effective cross-cultural business interaction
- Experience with and leading maturity projects for Service Desk initiatives.
- Experience supporting internal customers
- Passionate about cloud tools and curious about learning how to manage those in an enterprise environment
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make your team and customers lives better
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames
- Thoughtful decision making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Able to lead the team to meet deliverables and drive work to completion within specified timelines
- Work with colleagues & Senior leaders to deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences including your team and C-Staff
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Ability to work flexible hours to connect with peers and partners around the globe 10% of the time
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.