Director, Tax Envision Risk Framework (contract up to Dec 2019)
We are working on a maternity cover contract role for our banking client who is looking for an experienced candidate with at least 10 years of tax experience and in compliance/risk framework. This contract is up til Dec 2019 with a possibility of further extension.
This role is to support the implementation of the Tax Evasion Risk Framework across the bank.
Risk management, governance & infrastructure
- Ensure that the Group's risk management framework is adequate to identify, assess and manage the risks of laundering the proceeds of tax evasion
- Equip relevant FCC areas with tax knowledge and awareness required to perform their roles in managing AML risks
- Support the enhancement of existing AML on-boarding controls for tax evasion risk (e.g. oneCDD, tax questionnaires)
- Provide tax expertise in relation to cases and investigations involving clients' tax evasion risks
- Help develop and deliver a scalable and effective communication and training program directed at key functions, businesses (e.g. FCC, Compliance , RMs, Product Teams) and senior management stakeholders
- Support the raising of awareness of tax evasion risks across the organization
- Support the design of surveillance processes so that systems and people are better equipped to identify the laundering of tax evasion
- Work with Group Conduct on instituting tax evasion conduct-related controls in relevant business processes as well as in the bank's Supervisory Framework
- Assist in developing a proactive framework to respond to any money laundering risks that may arise or be identified through the occurrence of tax amnesties and other events (e.g. Panama Papers) to facilitate efficient management of these to the extent these impact the bank
- Provide subject matter expertise on tax to support relevant teams in undertaking strategic reviews of high-risk businesses, products and geographies to scan for current and emerging risks
- Help maintaining productive relationships with law enforcement bodies and regulators and actively participate in industry forums whilst setting and communicating advocacy approach across the bank
- Assist in the automation of processes to support the identification and management of the risks of laundering the proceeds of tax evasion (e.g. tax typologies, red flags)
- Help to establish and maintain effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards addressing the risks of laundering the proceeds of tax evasion/fraud are effectively implemented and adhered to across all client businesses
- Ensure effective management of the risks of laundering the proceeds of tax fraud/evasion and UK CCO matters, and in collaboration with Group Tax and CTIC (as well as other relevant Functions), effectively manage such issues that have a significant impact on the Bank.
- Collaborate with the other relevant stakeholders (e.g. Group Tax, FCC, CTIC) to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Bank and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks including global standards for conduct of business.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management in the bank and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased. Ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice and dissemination of evolving regulatory changes/practices and associated risks, and proactive engagement in regulatory reform. Assist and work closely with relevant teams in relation to investigations concerning the laundering the proceeds of tax fraud/evasion in client businesses.
- Provide reports to relevant Group and Business risk and control committees and management group on key tax evasion/fraud risks and issues.
- Within the Group's overall Risk Management Framework, help to establish and maintain appropriate risk based compliance frameworks for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting the risks of laundering the proceeds of tax fraud/evasion
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.