Embedded Firmware Engineer
Embedded Firmware Engineer wanted for a world-class engineering firm!
- Dynamic working culture with incentives to innovate
- Collaboration across multidisciplinary teams across the globe
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and skilled professionals
Our client is a world-class engineering firm renowned in the automotive, aerospace and aviation industries. Due to headcount expansion, they are looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join their team. Your primary responsibilities will be R&D as well as developing battery management systems (BMS) advanced embedded firmware for safety critical applications across various industries. You will also be expected to be the resident technical expert on embedded firmware design and be a formal representative for our client. In addition, you will have to deliver documentation and support verification and validation processes as per business standards.
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Electrical/Electronics/Computer/Software Engineering
- Prior working experience with embedded firmware development according to safety critical application standards in the following industries: aerospace, automotive, medical or industrial automation
- Prior working experience in designing for functional safety, ideally within the aerospace or automotive industry (e.g. IEC61508 SIL-3, ISO26262 ASIL-D, EC61508, ISO26262, DO254 and DO178C)
- Prior working experience in firmware development for BMS
- Prior working experience in formal software requirement documentation, verification and validation as well as integration testing using DOORS, Clearcase and Clearquest
- Prior working experience with commercial solutions development from product concept to final deliverable
- Prior working experience with different embedded controllers such as ARM, DSP and FPGA
- Strong experience in coding for digital signal processing
- Strong experience in functional verification and drivers development for communication protocol and stacks, memory resources and hardware timers
- Strong knowledge of and experience regarding various serial data transfer methods (e.g. ARINC-429, ARINC-825, MIL-STD-1553B, general asynchronous serial, SPI)
- Strong knowledge of and experience in coding for embedded controllers using C/C++/VHDL/Verilog
- Strong understanding of how to troubleshoot embedded firmware and systems
- Strong supplier and vendor database to obtain embedded development tools
- Good experience with real-time operating systems such as Free-RTOS and Safe-RTOS
- Good knowledge of MISRA C and C++ coding standards
- Well-equipped to work with embedded hardware and software suppliers to fulfil system requirements
- Cybersecurity knowledge and any relevant certification
The following are added advantages:
- Experience in developing application software and firmware using embedded ModelSim, QuestaSim, C/C++, Simulink/Matlab, HDL coder, Model Based Design and/or Verilog/VHDL
- Knowledge of user development using LabVIEW and/or C#
- Experience in sizing embedded firmware and system requirements for high voltage/speed circuits
- Experience with software revision control and configuration management (e.g. TeamCentre, GIT)
If you are think you are a good fit for this role, please send your resume to Alrissa.Zheng@ambition.com.sg or click APPLY NOW. For more information, please visit www.ambition.com.sg.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Business License Number: 200611680D. | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Registration Number: R2199382
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.