Our clients are a world leading pharmaceutical company. They're looking for an Environmental Health and safety Engineer to join their team in Singapore. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Management System to ensure compliance of all applicable laws and regulations, codes of practices and company EHS Standards and provide EHS technical guidance to support plant operations.
- Create and maintain EHS Compliance/Legal (see 'laws/regulations') Register for regulatory changes as they occur, including all appropriate regulatory licenses and/or permits
- Develop and execute an EHS Management System (EHSMS), as well as monitor and intervene when performance indicators for workplace safety and health, risk management, and emergency preparedness programs deviate.
- Conduct risk assessments to detect risks, remove, and/or reduce severe negative consequences of changes.
- Conduct an incident investigation utilizing method-1 tools to determine the root causes and corrective/preventive measures to avoid a repeat.
- Conduct frequent internal audits to assess the effectiveness of EHS procedures and promptly rectify any gaps or deviations, as well as external hazardous waste contractor audits as needed.
- Conduct contractor pre-qualification assessments prior to onsite work to assess new contractors' EHS performance.
- Conduct environmental aspect/impact evaluations and put in place controls to reduce community environmental risks.
- Create and implement EHS promotion and education programs that focus on situational awareness among colleagues and contractors before they begin their routine and/or non-routine work activities.
- Contribute creative suggestions to improve the EHS Management System and Risk Management's efficiency and effectiveness.
Qualification & Work Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in safety, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering or technology, chemical engineering, or chemistry is preferred.
- It is advantageous to have a Certified Workplace Safety & Health Officer or a Certified Fire Safety Manager.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical, petrochemical/oil refinery, or chemicals manufacturing industries is preferred.
- It is advantageous to have a good understanding of and implementation of relevant regulatory laws and regulations, codes of practice, ISO14001, and/or SS506 Part-3.
- Covid-19 vaccine completed and certified medical certificate available
If you believe you fit the requirements for the role, please click APPLY NOW or you can email your CV to email@example.com
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Business License Number: 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R21103664. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidates will be notified
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer SGD1,000 or SGD350 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.sg/refer-a-friend