My client is a logistics provider is currently looking for a Facility and Safety Manager to join their operations. This role will be based in the East of Singapore.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop building preventive maintenance work plans and ensuring smooth operation of the facility
- Ensuring all works carried out in accordance and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all building, mechanical and electrical maintenance programs and upgrading works
- Manage tenants' feedback and deal with tenancy matters such as fitting out works, handing & taking over of premises and other requests
- To identify & report, whenever there are any potential operating problems for any maintenance work immediately without delay
- Co-ordinates with departments concerned regarding issues relating to maintenance repair, maintenance, installation or fabrications of maintenance works
- Prepare cost estimates of repair works, work specifications, invitation of quotation and recommendation for award of quotation
- Manage Addition & Alteration work with contractors to meet timely delivery
- Ensure buildings are always maintained to a good standard of cleanliness and security.
- Conduct fire safety drill and trainings to occupants.
- Ensuring fire safety requirements stipulated in Fire Safety Acts for CERT.
- Any other related issues pertaining to properties, building works, safety and security
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Support the HSE Committee with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met
- Provide support to Projects and Operations team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Ensure the HSE compliance of the company and perform regular HSE audits in the areas of operations and facilities.
- Attend planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- Provide support to the dept on the implementation of Company-wide HSE initiatives e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- Ensure training, toolbox meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company's training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the management and HSE Committee.
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within Singapore. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting to the management and HSE Committee.
- Provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested
- Assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures.
- Conduct HSE trainings and orientation to all new employees.
- Ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- Support site management in the development of work site Risk Assessments, HSE campaigns and good practices.
- Assist in ad-hoc HSE tasks/projects as required.
Ideally you should have a Degree/ Diploma in Building, Facilities Management, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. At least 10 years work experience in facilities management, of which at least 5 years in managerial position. Preferable with logistics environment and familiar with operation of ASRS. SCDF certified Fire Safety Manager, and in practise.
Possess a valid registration with MOM as Workplace Safety and Health Officer (WSHO).
Possess good organizational, troubleshooting, strong team player and problem-solving skills.
If you believe you fit the requirements for the role, please click APPLY NOW. Alternatively, you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Business License Number: 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1544135 - Regrettably, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.