Finance Accountant (6 months contract)
Our client is a renowned proprietory trading firm seeking a new team member to join their Singapore office. This hands-on role is a great opportunity to work in an innovative and dynamic environment. They are looking for a proactive team player who is extremely organised and detailed-oriented, to join them on a 6 months contract basis with a potential to be extended.
The Finance department is responsible for providing all accounting functions, preparation of financial statements and to provide assistance and guidance on accounting standards and best practices. The global team consists of highly skilled accountants who are trained to provide accurate, timely and efficient services.
- Assist in preparation of month-end close
- Create and update schedules for expense allocations among operating companies and trading entities
- Assist in handling all aspects of accounting for various operating and trading entities
- Liaise with Tower's Infrastructure team on P&L and fee reconciliation
- Monitoring of P&L reports produced by the Infrastructure team
- Submit wire payments via online banking
- Prepare accounting journal entries
- Perform month end reconciliations
- Assist in many ad hoc and special projects
- Oversee employee reimbursement process firm-wide
- Assist in preparation of tax filings (as required)
- Maintain audit schedules and liaise with auditors
- Handle and resolve vendor disputes independently
- Maintain filing systems
- A bachelor's degree is preferred in a related field of study
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of Oracle Cloud preferred
- CA or CFA experience preferred
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to email@example.com for an initial discussion.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.