Finance Officer (6 months maternity cover contract)
On behalf of our client which is an established Asset Manager, we are seeking an experience finance person to join them for a 6 months maternity cover contract with a possibility of further extension until end of the year.
- Responsible for day-to-day Accounts Payable duties
- For suppliers' invoices, obtain approval from Head of Departments prior to payment. Ensure approval limits are adhered to and arrange for payments via cheques, telegraphic transfer and MEPS
- Verify statement of accounts from vendors against company's records
- For staff expenses claims, check and review the claims and arrange for payments via TT. Ensure claims are properly approved and in accordance to claims policy
- Handle vendors' queries on payments and clients' queries on invoices
- Identify the incoming and outgoing funds and prepare bank reconciliation
- Issue tax invoices
- Follow up on overdue receivables
- Ensure journal entries record accurate and appropriate details of the expenses (including amount, nature, T- codes, etc)
- Ensure GST codes are tagged correctly and assist with GST reporting
- Ensure journal entries are booked into the accounting system promptly (at least once a week) and accurately
- Prepare various reports for management and external parties, as requested
- Assist fellow team members in various projects
- Ensure operational manual is kept up-to-date
- Perform administrative (including filing) and other ad-hoc duties, as required, in a timely and organised manner
- Ensures AUM data (including attributes) in efinance is accurate and timely
- Implements control checks to ensure that AUM data is accurate
Knowledge and Skills
- A good team player who is responsible, independent and possess positive work attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to interact with people of various seniority and departments.
- Reliable and meticulous with an eye for detail
- A self starter who is able to work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office application (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access).
- Experience with Sun Accounting system will be a plus
Experience and Qualification
- 5 years experience in Accounting
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent is preferred. Diploma in Accountancy, or LCCI accounting, or other equivalent accounting course can be considered with the relevant working experience
Accounting candidates who are comfortable with taking up a 6-month contract are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format.
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.