Financial Accountant (10 months contract)
|Salary:||S$60000 - S$80000 per annum|
A top-tier Investment Bank is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to take on a 10-month contract role within the Group Finance Division. The department comprises of a group of professionals who are responsible for the financial accounting, regulatory reporting and control of all legal entities in Singapore. The businesses undertaken by these entities include fixed income, equities, securities trading, loans transactions, merchant banking and asset management.
The Compensation and Benefits Accounting function in Singapore is a global function and covers accounting, control and reporting of employee stock plans, deferred compensation, bonus and related FX and inter-company accounting. The team works closely with the Group, Divisional and Legal Entity Finance teams, HR, Treasury and Tax. The primary focus of the team is to develop, implement and operate robust and efficient controls and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of people related expenses under various GAAPs and delivery of expense management information and analyses.
The scope of activities include:
- All operational aspects around accounting, control and reporting of people related expenses under various bonuses and deferred compensation plans. The scope of coverage includes various stock and cash deferral plans awarded over a number of years, booked in various legal entities and currencies under US GAAP, IFRS, CH GAAP and local GAAP.
- Month end / Quarter end close activities
- Preparation of various reports and analyses and interaction with stakeholders
- Year-end statutory disclosures and audit
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience in a high pressure, deadline focused commercial environment or audit and assurance function.
- Previous work experience in Banking and Finance is preferred but not necessary.
- Previous exposure to compensation accounting is preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Windows.
- Strong technical background in accounting and management reporting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS relating to Comp Accounting
- A flexible approach to work combined with a "can do" attitude that is task orientated.
- A logical mind set with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the presence and ability to influence peers and seniors.
- Committed and determined self-starter.
- Outgoing/team player.
Candidates who are able to start work immediately with the relevant experience are encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257