Financial Accountant (6 months contract)
A top-tier Investment Bank is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to take on a 6-month contract role within the Group Finance Division. The department comprises of a group of professionals who are responsible for the financial accounting, regulatory reporting and control of all legal entities in Singapore. The businesses undertaken by these entities include fixed income, equities, securities trading, loans transactions, merchant banking and asset management.
The scope of activities include:
- All operational aspects around accounting, control and reporting of people related expenses under various bonuses and deferred compensation plans. The scope of coverage includes various stock and cash deferral plans awarded over a number of years, booked in various legal entities and currencies under US GAAP, IFRS, CH GAAP and local GAAP.
- Month end / Quarter end close activities
- Preparation of various reports and analyses and interaction with stakeholders
- Year-end statutory disclosures and audit
- Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience in a high pressure, deadline focused commercial environment or audit and assurance function.
- Previous work experience in Banking and Finance is preferred but not necessary.
- Previous exposure to compensation accounting is preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Windows.
- Strong technical background in accounting and management reporting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS relating to Comp Accounting
- A flexible approach to work combined with a "can do" attitude that is task orientated.
- A logical mindset with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the presence and ability to influence peers and seniors.
- Committed and determined self-starter.
- Outgoing/team player.
Candidates who are able to start work immediately with the relevant experience are encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.