Financial Reporting and Accounting (12 months contract)
|Salary:||S$7000 - S$9000 per month|
Our client is a global insurance and reinsurance company providing property, casualty, professional, specialty and alternative capital products to industrial, commercial and professional firms, insurance companies and other enterprises across the world.
In this role, you will join the Finance & Accounting department that is responsible for providing finance support specifically involved in accounting, cash management, tax, group reporting and financial regulatory reporting to internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Compile data and perform financial analysis to ensure data completeness and accuracy in both onshore and offshore insurance fund P&L and Balance Sheet between underwriting and financial accounting system.
- Maintain accuracy in both Core and Local ledgers and provide support to all work papers, this is not limited to reviewing financial controls for operations and the work performed by Finance Operations located in Singapore and India.
- Prepare, coordinate and monitor the completion of capital projection, regulatory and statutory reporting on a quarterly and annual basis and ensure the reports are prepared in accordance with the accounting standards, MAS insurance act and other statutory requirements.
- Provide financial analysis of the consolidated insurance results for Senior Manager and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee expense management and good oversight of accrual, prepayment, recharge, intercompany balance and GST prepared by fellow team members.
- Evaluate financial and accounting procedures including investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures and control functions.
- Review quarterly GST and annual corporate tax returns prepared by India Tax teams and ensure tax settlement, allocation and reconciliation are accurate and complete.
- Prepare and consolidate the annual expense budget for Finance and Facilities cost centers.
- Manage all filing deadlines and ensure compliance to procedural and reporting standards, both Group and Regulatory & Statutory requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external actuaries and auditors for actuarial and audit related matters and queries. This includes communicating with other business functions on data requirements and resolving audit issues.
- Liaise and maintain good relationship with all internal and external agencies such as MAS, IRAS, actuaries, auditors, corporate secretary, banks and tax agents.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate the daily activities and development of direct reports and resolve issues.
- Assist in finance projects and initiatives such as IFRS 17 and other new financial reporting standards, but not limited to providing solutions to reporting systems implementation such as data specifications and chart of accounts.
- Prepare other regulatory and ad-hoc reports and disclosures for management as identified by Senior Manager.
- Degree in Accountancy &/or recognized accounting qualification ACCA/CPA/CIMA.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in similar capacity.
- Ideally internal / external audit experience with a strong focus in the insurance market and solid background in MAS Risk Based Capital (RBC) Framework, Stress Testing and Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of an ERP package and Accounting/Analytical Software such as PeopleSoft, Ess-Base Cube, Qlikview, EFRL is preferable.
- Solid compliance experience in Company and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience in a Financial Services environment
- Proven ability in identifying and analysing problems, creating good solutions, deploying sound decision making skills.
- Proven track record of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first class customer service internally and/or externally
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst a wide and demanding client group
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- First class report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a confident and articulate presenter to internal/external audiences, exercising appropriate discretion in dealing with people from all levels of the Company
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Comfortable taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action (using initiative) whilst working effectively within a team.
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters, with a strong desire to challenge and deliver.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117. EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257