Fund Accountant (6 months maternity cover)
|Salary:||S$42000 - S$48000 per annum|
The Fund Accounting Group under the Operations Department is in charge of the following functions:
- Outsourcing Vendor Governance: oversight supervision on service providers, monitoring and control, periodic evaluation of service and delivery standards.
- Unit Trusts: daily NAVs, financial & statutory reporting, tax compliance, fund distribution.
- Institutional Mandates: monthly mandate reporting, clients' exceptional reporting and requirements handling.
- Fee Computation & Verification (e.g. management fees, performance fees, trailer fee) and fund expense payment administration.
- Transfer Agency Operations and liaison with Fund Registrars and Distributors.
- Fund Administration Support to Institutional & Intermediary Business Development Teams - ensuring timely delivery of deliverables, handling technical queries and adhoc client specific reporting requirements.
- Daily operational incident monitoring, valuation errors reporting and follow-up rectification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Unit Trust Fund Administration/ Fund Valuation:
- Functional-in-charge for fund expense processing for unit trust, institutional mandate and managed accounts. This includes validation, entry posting and liaising with various internal and external parties.
- Functional-in-charge for trailer fees and sales commission computation, verification and payment administration. This includes liaising with distributors and responding to their queries and monitoring the invoicing status.
- Review the daily unit trust fund valuation and NAV fluctuations with further investigation where necessary.
- Review semi-annual and annual statutory reports for unit trust funds.
- Daily operations and administration: track and prepare fund redemption requirements. Track subscription/redemption amount to perform SGX reporting for ETFs.
- Operational backup support for HK entity's daily activities, to handle subscription/redemption administration & NAV price publication. Provide monthly outsourcing service report to HK.
- Collate expense data for GST remission claims.
- Validate fee billing from service providers.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks.
Unit Trust Fund Distribution & Fund Taxation:
- Handle the fund distribution calculation including verification of dividend rate, distribution amount, book closure date, ex-date and payment date for all distributing funds.
- Procure the fund distribution approval, administer the fund distribution processing and prepare the distribution calendar, announcements, summary and details.
- Determine the source of distribution, prepare and review the estimated and actual statement of distribution.
- Consolidate and prepare information required by tax agent for tax filing of unit trust funds, including details of dividend, withholding tax, other expenses, other income etc.
Institutional Client Reporting:
- Deputize the Manager in Institutional Client Reporting related functions and requirements.
- Preparing checklists and templates for onboarding and establishment of new mandate accounts.
- Review monthly institutional reporting and collate reporting pack for delivery to clients.
- Verify management fee and fee rebate computation for institutional accounts. Process institutional mandate-related expense payments and re-investment of fee rebate.
- Prepare audit confirmation for institutional clients' auditors and information in required format.
- Daily portfolio MTM monitoring for specific institutional mandates.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in portfolio accounting for different instruments and investment asset classes.
- Proficient in Bloomberg and Microsoft Office applications.
- Independent and self-motivated with strong initiative. Able to work under pressure and datelines with minimal supervision.
- Meticulous and good with details.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- University Degree Holder, preferably with specialization in Business Administration, Banking or Accountancy.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in a fund management company or asset servicing institution covering unit trust fund valuation or institutional clients' reporting.
Fund accounting candidates who are available to start work asap or on short notice are encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257