General Manager - Start-Up
A leading global industrial company are launching a digital safety start-up to address one of the biggest frictions in the industrial sector. This digital start-up will leverage deep industrial ties to tackle a multi-billion dollar opportunity that has been under-addressed in the market. Together with a new General Manager, we aim to build and scale our venture into a billion dollar start-up over the next 3 - 5 years.
This leadership role provides a unique opportunity for a high performing individual to drive real change and transform industrial safety. The candidate will work closely with a talented and diverse group of engineers and product managers from our client and industry experts from the corporate partner. This candidate will ultimately be given the opportunity to recruit, manage and retain a high-functioning team of his/her own to grow and scale the venture.
The General Manager will be based in Singapore. This individual will collaborate closely with our Directors and Partners to grow and scale the venture. This will include setting the overall vision for the company, developing detailed plans and milestones for our venture, building a world-class venture team to support scale up of the business, and leading our venture and strategic funding efforts.
We believe that an ideal candidate should possess a unique set of experiences which include leading and scaling high growth businesses, launching digital product and building and managing world-class teams. This candidate should also bring a broad base of knowledge in strategy, business planning, digital technology, engineering and agile development practices, among others.
- Setting the overall vision of the company and develop strategy for the company
- Developing detailed plan for the venture - timeline, milestones, etc.
- Leading a diverse team comprised of members from various teams like Product, Engineering, Finance, Design, and Operations, Business Development and Data Science
- Managing day-to-day operations of the company and deliver goals in a timely manner as established in incubation plan of the venture
- Communicating progress of venture to key stakeholders (e.g. sponsors, Board)
- Preparing reports for key decisions by Board (e.g. budget for product)
- Attracting, leading and retaining a team of world-class venture team to support scale up of the venture
- Ensuring products are designed and built in line with local legal and regulatory guidelines
- Leading venture and strategic funding efforts for the venture
- Manage the overall profit and loss books for the venture
Ideal candidate requirements
- 5+ years of General Management experience leading and scaling high growth start-ups and/or small companies and/or business units within larger companies
- Experience in the industrial sector preferred
- Experience in HSSE preferred
- Experience launching multiple digital products; possess digital go-to-market experience
- Experience in leading venture and/or strategic funding for start-ups
- Broad base of knowledge spanning strategy and business planning, digital technology, user experience design, engineering and agile/lean development practices
- Excellent leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams in a fast paced and high growth environment
- Proven track record of building and scaling a world-class team from scratch
- Ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work with executive level stakeholders
- An MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Interested applicants can click APPLY NOW to attach your CV, or visit https://www.ambition.com.sg/disciplines/supply-chain-and-procurement-jobs to drop your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1769735
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.