Head of Admin and HR Manager
Reports to Founding Partner and COO, based in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities of the Head of Administration and HR Manager include:
Adminstration and Overall Coordination Across Offices
- Update, maintain, implement and coordinate firm policies and procedures across all four offices
- Supervise office managers of other three offices to ensure consistent and smooth running of offices and administrative functions
- Work alongside finance and legal teams and partners on all office administration matters
- Manage calendar for company-wide calls/meetings
- Supervise expense reimbursement for all offices
- Supervise/negotiate contracts and purchase requests with service providers across all offices including office lease, travel agents, hotels, car companies, telephone companies etc
- Supervise implementation of IT systems for all offices
- Supervise maintenance of office records across all offices
- Other miscellaneous admin work, such as: check/code vendor invoices, update company website, monitor conference registrations, etc.
Local Office Activities:
- Supervise admin assistant(s) and one part-time tea lady in local office
- Back up admin assistants as/when needed
- Maintain daily operations of local office, including liaising with guests, building management, vendors, etc.
- If based in Singapore: manage planning and opening of Singapore office, including location selection (with partners), office design and renovation and moving-in. Singapore office will initially be located in a served office
- Supervise/plan/organize and coordinate company-wide events (Annual General Meeting, Team Off-sites, etc.), if/when applicable
Human Resources Function
- Work with the COO to oversee the human resources function across four offices, covering all staff, providing localised solutions to global initiatives
- Work with legal team to ensure update and consistency of employment legal framework according to local jurisdictions and company requirements, such as employment agreements, compensation/benefit structure and employee policies
- Coordinate and consolidate understanding of local employment rules and regulations from perspectives of employee and company
- Manage employee related insurance programs, visa requirements and other labour rules/regulations related issues
- Manage/oversee staff on-boarding/departure arrangements
- Manage head-hunter relationships and assist teams during recruiting cycles
- Conduct regular benchmarking analysis for compensation and benefits
- Manage annual review process
- Assist COO in cash compensation, benefits and carried interest program development and improvement
- Manage regular training opportunities for team members
- Drive staff engagement and retention initiatives, build an inclusive environment and maintain a cohesive company culture
- 10-15 years or more of relevant experience in office administration
- Independent, self-starter
- Ability to work and manage teams across jurisdictions
- Strong, personable leader who provides practical solutions and guidance to direct reports and team members seeking solutions
- Able to proactively engage with all parts of the firm, building credible relationships and becoming a trusted partner
- Practical and effective problem solver
- Detailed oriented and willing to "get into the weeds"
- Willing to travel at least twice a year to visit other offices
If you are interested in the role above, kindly email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Licence Number: 10C5117
EA registration Number R1439496
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.