Head of custom and international trade
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
HEAD OF CUSTOMS AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE
Our client is leading MNC with a global presence and a market leader in the Logistics sector that it operates in. As the business growing, they are looking for a someone with sound knowledge in International trade, customs, export control regimes and regulations to maintain the flow at minimal duties and cost while being compliant to all relevant regulation.
- Responsible for Global Customs, International Trade/Export compliance programs
- Researches new rules and regulations on respective importing countries and consult port authorities, logistic service providers, import agencies and customs authorities to ensure the company is in compliance with freight and shipping guidelines especially given our returnable container lease business
- Identifies non-compliance and leads and directs corrective actions by regions to ensure compliance with customs, tax, financial, legal and other government agency regulations
- Optimises duties and other costs within the compliance framework
- Able to be in direct contact with the different Custom authorities in the world to discuss/negotiate optimal process and customs declaration
- Act as leader and give internal directions to regions when goods are blocked or one of subsidiaries get challenged by customs, tax or other authorities.
- Keep fully up to date about customs and other relevant regulations, and based on that define the business's strategy, update and implement SOPs, train the company's organisations
- Define SOPs and give advice to customers how to perform the customs declarations
- Support Regions when audited or challenged by (Customs) authorities
- Become the owner, internal authority and leader on customs and international trade compliance within the company
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Tax, International Trade, or International Business, with additional training in Customs, Export Control Regimes and Regulations
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the area of Customs and Export/Trade Compliance.
- Prior experience or knowledge of tax and/or legal is preferred.
- Knowledge of Export control and regulations of BRIC and Asian countries is preferable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and to work well with people of all levels.
- Strong communicator who is able to commends an equal level of authority to government bodies (e.g. customs) in different countries
- Strong personality with skills to be able to give professional and authoritive advise to customers
- Strong leadership skills to handle internal senior leadership
Interested applicants please send your resume in MS Words format to Dylan.Lim@ambition.com.sg and attn it to Dylan Lim (R1768186)
Successful candidate will be notified
EA Registration Number: R1768186
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117