Head of Data Science (Director)
Head of Data Science
- Driving Data Scientice, Analytics Strategy & Insights
- Building the practice & growing data science capability
- Center of Excellence
We are looking for an inspirational Data Science leader (Head of Department) for several reputable clients in Financial Services and Enterprise
- business side, you will driving data science strategy and technical direction forward, with senior stakeholders management and data science team management.
- leaderhips / people management, you will be leading and nurturing a high performing team of data scientists (mostly PhDs) to coach and mentor them to develop in their technical and business competency. You will also be leading the initiatives and conducting organisation-wide training to educate the business on how and where data science comes into play.
- technical side, you will be leading and initiating high impact data science projects and building impactful modellings with actionable outcomes for the business. You will be partnering with product and engineering team to deliver the ML models in production environment to end users.
- Minimum of 8-15 years of experience in data science
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in managing and leading a data science team
- Ideally PhD holder in relevant fields including Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative, Machine Learning, Economics, Computer Science
- Proven success in overall establishment and development of data science capability
- Proficient in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques including time series analysis, classification, logistic regression, GLM, text analytics
- Hands on and proven experience in end to end indepth data science projects in ML / NLP
- Proficient in programming language such as Python, R, SQL
- Experience in using cloud and big data platform including AWS, Cloudera, Hadoop
- Good to have experience working on data science projects for finance, trading behaviours, NLP / natural language processing
- Experience in Financial, Investment, Retail, eCommerce sectors are a must
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Ambition is a leading global boutique recruitment business operating across key international cities. We access hard to find, high caliber professionals within Banking & Financial Services, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Technology (IT). We believe our size is a significant differentiator in the recruitment industry. We are big enough to undertake large scale projects for our clients yet retain the soul and personality of a smaller company. We are best known for our specialization with in-depth knowledge and expertise, well-established networks and deep relationships. We work towards 'building better futures' for our clients, candidates and our community.
For more information, please visit www.ambition.com.sg.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only
EA Registration Number: R1652702
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.