Head of Engineer
- Responsible for understanding, designing, and delivering excellence in trade and supply chain management systems focusing on SME and B2B trade
- Together with the CEO, you will shape the company's executive team and help drive its strategy
- Define & Execute the Technology vision & Strategy and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale
- Define technical requirements and architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Communicate technology roadmap, decisions and outcomes to key stakeholders (e.g. sponsors, Board, Ecosystem Partners).
- Gain and share insights with other leadership team members to continue improving the product and the business
- Build and grow an entrepreneurial team of cross-functional builders: designers, product managers, engineers & data scientists to build and scale the venture.
- Constantly evaluate technological advancements and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement, growth & customer success.
- Take ownership over existing MVP features/MVP production systems to grow and scale
- Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, and high quality / timely product releases
- Ensure all processes, services, and software comply with security and privacy regulations and other applicable laws.
- Continuously rebalance product / service features which maximize value and minimize effort to focus on the highest-returning initiatives
- Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for continuous delivery with quality assurance
- Evaluate & apply modern technologies to ensure competitive technical advantage
Drive Talent & Teams
- Hire and retain a multidisciplinary, elite engineering team
- Cultivate a high-performing, engineering-empowered culture
- Evangelize technical vision and strategy both internally and externally
- Be a strategic thought partner to the CEO, ensuring the right balance between prioritizing scaling the team and cost
Desired Expertise & Experience
- Start-up engineering leadership experience (high growth company with funding and 50+ employees)
- 10+ years architecting and building products from pre-launch through maturity & scale
- Released (and maintained) at least 2 products to the market preferably in the B2B segment
- Experience designing, building and scaling distributed platforms and marketplaces
- Designing and developing service-based architectures and micro-services
- Designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.)
- CI/CD and Cloud Infrastructure automation and DevOps - E.g. setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment (we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software engineering practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
- Familiarity with Data Engineering & Machine Learning
- Ability to stand up an organization, hire & coach engineering talent
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.