Head of Hong Kong Country Tax, Banking
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||HK$1300000.00 - HK$1600000.00 per annum + Discretionary Bonus|
Our client is a leading International Bank with a significant footprint in Asia and the Emerging Markets. As part of continued growth and in support of the increased business activities in Hong Kong, an excellent leadership opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax professional to join the bank leading the Hong Kong Country Tax function.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Tax, you will lead a team of experienced Tax professionals providing tax advisory, tax reporting, managing the tax risks for the Hong Kong local businesses. Additionally, your team is responsible for bank-wide country corporate tax matters including corporate income tax, tax compliance, tax procedures, correspondences with the tax authority and management of external / outsourced tax advisors. You will work with business tax teams and tax advisors on tax advisory and planning, assessment and oversight of the tax impacts from the bank's transactions and mitigation of potential tax exposure. You will also work closely with other Tax related groups within the bank such as the Transfer Pricing team to implement Transfer Pricing practices and procedures, as well as FATCA / CRS teams on client tax related information and local business inquiries. As the leader of the Hong Kong Tax team, you will develop and maintain close relationships with the tax authority and tax industry groups and to represent the bank amongst these groups.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- University degree with accounting or legal qualifications
- Minimum 12+ years relevant Hong Kong corporate tax experience gained from the Financial Services sector, ideally Banking
- Candidates with Big 4 or law firm Tax experience focusing on the Financial Services sector would also be considered
- Excellent technical knowledge on Hong Kong Tax
- Familiarity to the Hong Kong banking regulations and environment
- Proven team leadership skills and experience in managing outsourced service providers
- Excellent Communication skills with fluency in English. Additional ability in Mandarin and / or Cantonese would be preferred
Contact Amy Ho (852) 3101 3066 or click APPLY NOW button quoting reference number AH 46062. www.ambition.com.hk
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.