Head of Mobile Engineering
- Take responsibility for the overall tech development of the company
- Build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications with intuitive, well-designed user interfaces
- Lead and manage internal and external development resources for assigned projects.
- In the future you will help to hire, build and coach an internal team of mobile developers.
- Participate in the organization / planning of development resources and schedules.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other related meetings with stakeholders.
- Adapt plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices.
- Appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones, and cultivating that same appetite in the development team.
- Minimum 6 years experience in Software Development and 3-4 years of native/hybrid mobile application development.
- Experience leading or managing a team of developers (involved both technically and in project management)
- Proven expertise in iOS and Android application programming (Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, xCode, interface builder, Java, Android SDK). Our current app is built using Ionic, with AWS back-end.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store and the Android market.
- You must have a deep understanding of traditional relational database and how to architect a structure that can scale. Knowledge of non-relational database is also a plus.
- Experience in MondoDB, NodeJS
- Strong experience in AWS
- Experience with Server side technologies (Ruby, PHP, ASP, etc) is essential, as well as integration with 3rd party Apps/platforms/Services etc
- Expertise in mobile video delivery and playback.
- Proven results oriented person with good communication skills and a delivery and quality focus.
- Experience managing projects using Jira and Github.
- Experience in developments with high traffic and high data usage is a plus.
- Experience in B2B SAAS platforms is highly prefered.
- World class - for our company to be the best, we want to employ the best. We want you to be excellent at what you do.
- Proactive Communicator - you proactively keep the CEO and others updated and informed
- Team Player - we want someone who can work within a team environment well. Someone that truly believes the best outcome comes from the sum of many parts.
- Doer - we believe talk is cheap. We want people of action who just get the job done. Someone who takes responsibility, finds a solution, helps solve the problem and who gets things done with a minimum of fuss.
- BS cutter - you know what we mean. We're not into politics or games at Active8me. We're into honest communication, integrity and saying it how it is.
- Passion - we believe that to do something great you need to be passionate about what you do and passionate about why you're doing it.
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.