Head of Mobile Engineering
|Salary:||S$6000.00 - S$7000.00 per month|
- Take responsibility for the overall tech development of the company
- Build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered mobile applications with intuitive, well-designed user interfaces
- Lead and manage internal and external development resources for assigned projects.
- In the future you will help to hire, build and coach an internal team of mobile developers.
- Participate in the organization / planning of development resources and schedules.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other related meetings with stakeholders.
- Adapt plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices.
- Appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones, and cultivating that same appetite in the development team.
- Minimum 6 years experience in Software Development and 3-4 years of native/hybrid mobile application development.
- Experience leading or managing a team of developers (involved both technically and in project management)
- Proven expertise in iOS and Android application programming (Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, xCode, interface builder, Java, Android SDK). Our current app is built using Ionic, with AWS back-end.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store and the Android market.
- You must have a deep understanding of traditional relational database and how to architect a structure that can scale. Knowledge of non-relational database is also a plus.
- Experience in MondoDB, NodeJS
- Strong experience in AWS
- Experience with Server side technologies (Ruby, PHP, ASP, etc) is essential, as well as integration with 3rd party Apps/platforms/Services etc
- Expertise in mobile video delivery and playback.
- Proven results oriented person with good communication skills and a delivery and quality focus.
- Experience managing projects using Jira and Github.
- Experience in developments with high traffic and high data usage is a plus.
- Experience in B2B SAAS platforms is highly prefered.
- World class - for our company to be the best, we want to employ the best. We want you to be excellent at what you do.
- Proactive Communicator - you proactively keep the CEO and others updated and informed
- Team Player - we want someone who can work within a team environment well. Someone that truly believes the best outcome comes from the sum of many parts.
- Doer - we believe talk is cheap. We want people of action who just get the job done. Someone who takes responsibility, finds a solution, helps solve the problem and who gets things done with a minimum of fuss.
- BS cutter - you know what we mean. We're not into politics or games at Active8me. We're into honest communication, integrity and saying it how it is.
- Passion - we believe that to do something great you need to be passionate about what you do and passionate about why you're doing it.