Head of Sales - Asia
|Specialisation:||Sales & Marketing|
|Salary:||S$048423 - S$160000.00 per annum + Bonuses|
My client is one of the leading independent economic research companies in the world looking for the Head of Sales responsible for all sales throughout Asia.
That will include the following:
- Leading a team of new business hunters, currently 6 but looking to expand to up to 10 over time. Almost all of their selling is currently done on the phone, although this model may also evolve.
- Training and supporting those hunters to develop their skills, building their pipelines and close business. You will set goals and objectives for the hunters to optimise and maximise their contacts and accounts to drive sales and hit budgets.
- Leading the recruitment of new staff, using motivation and incentives to retain strong performers and occasionally managing the exits of poor performers.
- Using operational data and reports to size market opportunities and develop the most effective strategies to acquire new clients in each region. This will involve analysing opportunities (with help from support and finance resources), then figuring out the right sales and marketing approach to capturing them.
- (If hired in coming months) managing a new account manager to retain and grow the existing client base, applying the most effective practices of the account managers in EMEA and North America to the Asian region. Account management is still mostly phone-based but may involve an increasing number of clients meetings over time.
- Managing 2 support resources to run the Singapore office, organise events and provide sales support to the team.
- Contributing to the company's strategic discussions, feeding ideas into the senior management team both through the Global Head of Sales and directly. As the most senior member of the sales management team in Asia, you will be expected to lead our thinking about how best to grow our presence there.
- Working with the economist team in Singapore to maximise the value we deliver to clients, particularly through client meetings and calls whenever appropriate.
Experience / characteristics:
Candidates for this role will have some or all of the following experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of managing sales teams, with a demonstrable track record of hitting targets in an ambitious, driven environment.
- Experience of managing telephone-based sales operations specifically rather than just field sales. Ideally the right candidate will have been a telephone-based sales person earlier in their career.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and retain high-performing sales people.
- B2B subscription sales, ideally in business information, publishing or media businesses (though not essential).
- Selling into the Asian region, ideally with experience of multiple sectors. Knowledge of the financial services sector is not essential, but would be a plus.
- Input into commercial strategy, either at the local or company level. A strong candidate is likely to have contributed to commercial tactics beyond sales, e.g. in marketing, analysis of market opportunity, product development or the use of technology in the sales process.
If you are interested, please contact Ana Vrtar on (65) 9084 0305 or click APPLY NOW quoting reference number 222913. For more information, please visit www.ambition.com.sg.Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Business License Number: 200611680D. License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1876647. #LI-SM