Head of Supply Chain - Next-Generation Maritime Industry
- New company, focusing on automated solutions in driving safety & efficiency across the shipping industry.
- Vast untapped market opportunity with significant expected growth
- Leadership position, with authority and working along with other talented group of experts and experienced engineers.
About our client:
Our client is a global leader consulting company who is looking to address automated supply chain management solutions within the shipping industry. Collaborating with a high-profile entity, they are geared to improve its efficiency and savings by leveraging next-generation technology in the multi-billion-dollar opportunity. During this time, they are having this new leadership position, Head of Operations (Supply Chain), to collaborate along with a talented mix of seasoned engineers and regional industry experts.
This role will be based in Singapore and will report to a General Manager as well as to the Directors of the partner entity. This leadership position will require you to also assist in scaling up the business and driving and leading the strategic processes in the end-to-end Supply Chain domain. Your main responsibility will include, but not limited to:
- Responsible in the end-to-end supply chain process with skills in managing cost and lead time.
- Driving and supporting all primary business plan.
- Collaborating deeply with the Product and Engineering team on the setting up of the equipment and software onboard ships.
- Deliver on agreed business goals through involving, empowering and motivating people whilst ensuring the business program is consistent with approved targets.
- Assisting in the general management of customer onboarding and to make sure support system is in place for customer's perusal.
- Ability to perform operation optimization to deliver excellent values for the clients.
- Managing the growth of your team, by being accountable and responsible for the recruitment of team members/manpower to cater the business growth.
- Driving and overseeing the performance of the team.
- Collaborating positively with the respective maritime authorities and their respective partners to be up-to-date with the regional developments and compliance.
- Enforcing the operations is complying to the regulatory terms.
The Successful Applicant
We invite an senior, highly experienced end-to-end supply chain professional with proven track record in the maritime industry. We are seeking a highly motivated and team driving individual to raise the bar of productivity and consistency. To be successful you must come with:
- Preferrably more than 15 years of continuous experience in the maritime industry, with exposure in managing inventory, logistics, and procurement.
- Ideally you are currently a people leader with more than 5 years managing an experienced team
- Willing to be part of the pioneer team of the company.
- Ability to liaise, maintain, nurture, and develop relationship professionally across different stakeholders
- Experienced, direct, and tough leader - strong character who provides direction and thrives in a challenging and difficult environment.
- Experience in working in a fast paced, evolving working environment.
- High levels of drive for results, solution based attitude, motivational tactics, and use of performance management - goal orientated.
- Able to relate, connect, and work with strong and tough management for driving growth.
- Methodical and logical approach to problem solving - seeks, identifies and resolves hidden problems, continuous improvement mindset.
- Organizational Agility - Multi-tasker who can manage/orchestrate multiple activities.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Working for the world's newest and forefront shipping technology firm, backed with a strong customer demand.
- Available avenues to contributes positively for the organization to grow and being recognized for it.
Interested applicants can click APPLY NOW to attach your CV, or visit https://www.ambition.com.sg/job-search?disciplines=supply-chain-and-procurement-jobs to drop your CV. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidate will be notified. #LI-GGA
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. EA License Number 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R1872927
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.