Our clients are a global leader in the design and manufacture of Semiconductor assembly equipment. They're looking for an Indirect Commodity Manager, purchasing to join their team in Singapore. The key responsibilities for this role are Indirect Commodity Strategy, Sourcing and Supplier Cost Negotiation. This position requires the incumbent to have the Indirect Commodity Management experience and the ability to source for cost competitive suppliers for the Indirect Commodity
- Procure and source all indirect purchases (for example, buildings & facilities, computers & communication, office supplies, legal & professional fees, insurance, hotel management, HR, Marcom, R&D, and so on) for the Singapore plant and regional operations.
- Identify reliable sources of supply for indirect materials and services to company without compromising Procurement Policy on process compliance.
- Lead & conduct RFI, RFP, RFQ, tender activities in accordance to Procurement Policy.
- Carry out price analysis and conduct purchase/ contract negotiation with vendors/ suppliers to ensure materials/ services are acquired at most competitive pricing.
- Lead supplier negotiation and appropriate engagement models with internal stakeholders and cross functional team.
- Adjudicate awards and make recommendations to management for approval.
- Initiate and lead for cost saving project to reduce cost avoidances and increase productivity & work efficiency.
- PO, Change Order, and Contract processing, as well as delivery tracking
- Liaise with stakeholders and coordinate on materials/services received and PO closure.
- Update stakeholders on the status of goods and services on a regular basis.
- Performs other tasks as needed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Indirect materials purchase with good exposure in supplier and commodity management
- Experience with ERP software required, preferably Oracle Applications
- Effective communication skill. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work with different departments/functional groups
- Good team player, a person with integrity, maturity and self-motivated
If you believe you fit the requirements for the role, please click APPLY NOW or you can email your CV to email@example.com
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. Business License Number: 10C5117. EA Registration Number: R21103664. Regrettably, only shortlisted candidates will be notified
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer SGD1,000 or SGD350 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.sg/refer-a-friend