Internal Audit Manager
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
- Plan, perform, supervise, and coordinate the completion of assigned audits of a moderately complex nature in accordance with approved audit programs and departmental and professional standards in established timeframes.
- Assist in establishing risk-based audit work programs to effectively evaluate operations, based on best practices, regulatory requirements, and the operating environment (mainly focusing on AML activities, but also regulatory and integrated operational audits).
- Observe and examine transactions, documents, records, reports, and procedures; prepare audit work papers recording and summarizing data pertinent to assigned audits.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations while maintaining adequate controls to safeguard company assets.
- Perform follow up procedures to ensure agreed upon action plans have been implemented by management as directed.
- Coordinate effectively with global audit team to complete global projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate teamwork by responsively cooperating with other engagement team members
- Work closely with internal audit management in promptly communicating issues and concerns as they relate to audit assignments and the general operation of the department.
- Review the work of other team members and challenge their understanding of audit areas and processes to ensure adequate coverage.
- Communicate appropriately to process owners and management during and at the end of fieldwork with regard to audit findings.
- Prepare formal written reports covering the results of audits and present audit findings and recommendations to executive management.
- Maintain excellent management client relations while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Assist with training of staff members in internal audit techniques, organizational issues, and departmental procedures and protocols.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects under the direction of the Vice President and/or Executive Director to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Assist with the management and direction of assigned staff to ensure completion of regulatory compliance and operational audits within departmental and professional standards in established timeframes.
- Assist with staff scheduling of assignments based on skill levels needed for specific audits/projects.
- Establish and maintain (or assist with) a quality assurance program and develop and maintain working department audit manual.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Audit and/or AML.
- Prior experience at a "Big Four" public accounting firm and/or financial institutions industry is highly desirable.
- CAMS qualification is preferred, CPA or CIA highly preferred.
- Possess a proven record of strong leadership skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to coach and develop the direct reports.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, level of commitment and ability to cope with complexity and change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Teammate experience a plus.