Java Developer, (Commodities) - 6 months contract
Our client is a global investment management firm with offices across in the United States, Europe and Asia.
For this role, You will be responsible for developing software applications supporting electronic trading with exchanges, SEP's brokers and ECNs with an immediate focus on Commodities trading. Additional development responsibilities may include monitoring, research and statistical analysis and automation projects.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- 5+ years Java programming experience. A solid understanding of object oriented programming is required.
- C/C++ programming knowledge is a plus
- 3+ years of financial institution experience
- FIX protocol knowledge is required, FIX 4.2 - FIX 5.0
- Extensive Linux development experience
- Must have a strong understanding of trading commodities futures & options on futures. Knowledge of trading equities, equity options, FX and fixed income products is a plus.
- Must have basic networking/connectivity skills (e.g. TCP/IP & multicast )
- Must be able to troubleshoot production issues (Level "3" support)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills.
If you are interested in the role above, please contact Raymond de Amboy for further discussion on (65) 6854 5644.
Licence Number: 10C5117 EA registration Number R1219081