Junior Attorney, Commercial Legal (12 months contract)
|Salary:||S$4000 - S$6000 per month|
The Junior Attorney, Commercial Legal role will be responsible for drafting and negotiating agreements, primarily on the revenue side of the commercial business units. The role is based in Singapore and will work closely with the subsidiary account teams and licensing executives across Southeast Asia, and report to the Head of Commercial Legal, Southeast Asia and New Markets in the Corporate, External & Legal Affairs Department (CELA).
The role covers for 16 markets mainly Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines. The SEA team has 10 members in the local markets with 2 based in Singapore. There is a good chance for the contract to be renewed after 12 months as this is a new headcount to support the hiring manager.
- Draft, review and negotiate, and close commercial contracts including outbound licensing, online services, professional services, co-development, co-marketing, distribution agreements, and memorandum of understanding.
- Provide practical, business-oriented legal advice directly to internal teams including account teams, deal teams, operations, CELA stakeholders, and multiple business groups.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical legal judgment to minimize risk and foster long-term client relationships.
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision making among internal teams and stakeholders.
- Create and provide regular client trainings on regulatory compliance, privacy, data protection, and other relevant legal topics.
- Drive greater internal efficiencies for both legal and business groups through the development or redesign of legal support processes, licensing programs, and template licensing documents.
- Assist with events, presentations and external communications.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Law degree and licensed to practice law in Singapore.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in corporate legal department or law firm; in-house legal department experience in software industry preferred.
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts and other experience demonstrating ability to handle and close commercial and legal negotiations with minimal support from senior staff.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- High proficiency and experience with MS Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
Desired personal attributes
- Confidence and ability to quickly identify, analyze and develop creative and smart solutions to difficult problems and challenges.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with business teams effectively, working with multiple stakeholders across disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently with a large client base having urgent deadlines.
- Ability to simplify and explain legal concepts to internal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize work flow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly inquisitive, possess a growth mindset, and sense of humor.
Interested applicants are highly encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial discussion.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257