Lead data scientist
About The Job
Join a visionary team with tremendous experience in the travel industry focused on delivering a product that will revolutionize the way hotels organize their business processes.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Data Scientist to join our Singapore team. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. The ideal candidate will help discover features hidden in vast amounts of pricing and occupancy data, that drive rate optimization for hotels in various geo-locations.
As an early-stage start-up, the role will be very dynamic. As such we need someone smart, quick-minded, ambitious, and flexible. The role will certainly grow as our business expands and grows in the region! This role will be based in our Singapore office.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Work closely with the product owner to understand the requirements and build and validate the models
- Select features, building, optimizing classifiers and prediction models using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extend the company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Process, clean and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conduct d-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Work with the engineering team to enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building an analytics system. Work closely with hotel partners to identify opportunities to improve traveller experience
- Undertake other aspects of account servicing such as regular performance reviews and discussions with hotel partners
With 5-7 years of experience in data science management and some experience in machine learning, especially in the e-commerce, hospitality or revenue management space, you have developed excellent understanding of the techniques and algorithms, such as Gradient Boosting, k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM and Decision Forests. You are also familiar with data science toolkits such as TensorFlow, R, NumPy and MatLab, with deep expertise in one of them. Other skills and experience you possess would be in the area of scripting and programming, using query languages such as SQL and Hive, leveraging on data visualisation tool and relational databases like MySQL, applied statistical skills such as distributions, statistical testing, regression. If you have experience with Apache Spark, NoSQL databases or technologies like MongoDB/Elasticsearch it would be a big plus
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.