Legal Negotiator (6 months contract)
We are seeking an experienced legal person to join the Legal team of an established international bank on a 6 months contract to draft master agreements, review all critical termd and conditions of the client contract and replicate them to the Singapore subsidiary. Working location is at Raffles Place.
- Responsible for all Master Documentation Negotiation for key strategic clients, including ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, ISDA/FIA Client Cleared OTC Derivatives Addendum and Intermediation/Prime Brokerage Agreements.
- Create draft documentation using approved templates as requested and as required to support the global trading activities of SCB.
- Ensure adherence to the Banks documentation policies.
- Ensure the integrity of records by performing essential control functions (e.g., verification check in iCDMS & TCDS; Four eyes check upon execution).
- To handle enquiries from customer both internally and externally.
- Ensure control and audit requirements are adhered to.
- Continuous review of all daily processes to improve the service provided and enhance controls.
- Assist with regularity reform projects, including repapering of margin reform compliant IM/VM CSAs.
- Negotiating and drafting bespoke and vanilla master agreements.
- Provide timely review of all ongoing documentation, following up outstanding files and documents - escalating items to senior management and relevant stakeholder, as required.
- Ensuring quality service standards to both internal and external customers and to maintain consistency of approach.
- Work closely with front office and credit to ensure all appropriate documentation is obtained/maintained.
- Maintain accuracy and update documentation and data storage systems, iCDMS & TCDS.
- Perform four eyes checks and complete pre execution checklist.
- Adhere to control and audit requirements by following the User's Guide and DOI's.
- Reinforce the Bank culture by collaborating with Credit/ Compliance and other appropriate areas to manage and deal with issues effectively.
- Min 3 years of relevant legal background
- Knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures in relation to Financial Markets documentation.
- Thorough understanding of the ISDA documentation framework.
- Understanding of other documentation relating to developing businesses in the Bank, i.e. GMRA, GMSLA, LME, etc.
- Familiarity with other departments roles and relationships within the banking organisation.
- The ability to handle pressure and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of all new regulatory developments.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial discussion.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.