Legal Negotiator (6 months contract)
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services Contracting|
|Salary:||S$7000 - S$9000 per annum|
We are seeking an experienced legal person to join the Legal team of an established international bank on a 6 months contract to draft master agreements, review all critical termd and conditions of the client contract and replicate them to the Singapore subsidiary. Working location is at Raffles Place.
- Responsible for all Master Documentation Negotiation for key strategic clients, including ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, ISDA/FIA Client Cleared OTC Derivatives Addendum and Intermediation/Prime Brokerage Agreements.
- Create draft documentation using approved templates as requested and as required to support the global trading activities of SCB.
- Ensure adherence to the Banks documentation policies.
- Ensure the integrity of records by performing essential control functions (e.g., verification check in iCDMS & TCDS; Four eyes check upon execution).
- To handle enquiries from customer both internally and externally.
- Ensure control and audit requirements are adhered to.
- Continuous review of all daily processes to improve the service provided and enhance controls.
- Assist with regularity reform projects, including repapering of margin reform compliant IM/VM CSAs.
- Negotiating and drafting bespoke and vanilla master agreements.
- Provide timely review of all ongoing documentation, following up outstanding files and documents - escalating items to senior management and relevant stakeholder, as required.
- Ensuring quality service standards to both internal and external customers and to maintain consistency of approach.
- Work closely with front office and credit to ensure all appropriate documentation is obtained/maintained.
- Maintain accuracy and update documentation and data storage systems, iCDMS & TCDS.
- Perform four eyes checks and complete pre execution checklist.
- Adhere to control and audit requirements by following the User's Guide and DOI's.
- Reinforce the Bank culture by collaborating with Credit/ Compliance and other appropriate areas to manage and deal with issues effectively.
- Min 3 years of relevant legal background
- Knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures in relation to Financial Markets documentation.
- Thorough understanding of the ISDA documentation framework.
- Understanding of other documentation relating to developing businesses in the Bank, i.e. GMRA, GMSLA, LME, etc.
- Familiarity with other departments roles and relationships within the banking organisation.
- The ability to handle pressure and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of all new regulatory developments.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to email@example.com for an initial discussion.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257