Life Financial Planning & Analysis (12 months contract)
The FP&A temporary assistant will support the FP&A team in delivering all financial planning and analysis functions for Life Division Finance, including quarterly financial analysis, closing/reporting, financial planning and forecasting, expense analysis as well as ad hoc data inputs/ model.
In addition, the role has a key component to further improve and enhance the company's planning and analysis tool as the business in Asia Pacific grows and becomes more complex. Key deliverable to enhance to efficiency of the tools.
Reporting in to the Head of Life FP&A, this will be a 6 months contract and the working location is based at Raffles Place.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support on the delivery of quarterly IFRS quarterly reporting and landing analysis, including providing detailed variance analysis (actuals vs. plan, actuals vs. actuals) including identification of main drivers for variance.
- Assisting in the Operational Planning process on semi-annual basis, with good awareness of the key drivers of the plan, and strong excel skills to support the data collation underlying the plan.
- Assist in the delivery of monthly business reports as needed
- Assist in maintaining a sustainable management information systems and datawarehouse for use in planning and reporting processes
- Support the Expense budgeting, allocation, and monitoring process
- Adhoc analysis and support on group-wide projects such as IFRS17, process efficiency, analysis tool enhancement, etc
- 1-5 years of relevant working experiences in fields related to insurance/reinsurance/accounting, preferably with some experience in actuarial, accounting, reporting matters and data analysis or insurance audit
- Very strong Actuarial or Accounting and IFRS knowledge, with insurance context
- Solid MS Excel / data management skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual competence
- Able to handle issues from macro perspective and delve into details when needed
- A strong multi-tasker and preferably have effective communication skills and open attitude to embrace new ways of doing things
- Innovative, versatile & committed
- Excellent Excel skills, preferably VBA, macros usage
- Possess good project management skills set
- Excellent analytical skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and reliable individual
- University degree in Actuarial or Accounting
Experienced FP&A candidates especially from the insurance industry who are open to contract roles, please write in to me with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.