Market Risk Analyst (6 months contract)
|Salary:||S$6000 - S$7000 per month|
The Standard Market Risk team within the Capital & Risk Information Services is responsible for assisting business management, risk managers and regulators in the daily management of market risk by producing, monitoring and analysing market risk measures.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting Standard Market Risk Reporting team in Singapore with below:
- Complete/ deliver the assigned tasks related to standard market risk rwa calculations/ processes.
- To be point of contact and liaise with key stakeholders to explain/ confirm material rwa movements.
- To be familiar with all relevant control frameworks and ensure that our processes/ deliverables are in compliance. Able to support internal/ external audit queries if required.
- Participate and lead strategic CRIS projects where needed, particularly with system UAT testings.
- Understand latest regulatory rules/ changes and corresponding rwa treatment.
- Collation and production and reporting of management information relating to total Basel III RWAs (Risk Weighted Assets) to enable senior management and business line heads to monitor business levels and fluctuations on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- The provision of commentaries and various value added data to facilitate the timely production of the daily, weekly and monthly reporting packs.
- Assisting others, as necessary, in the production of the final PRA returns, CoREP and Pillar 3 reporting.
- Liaising with other areas of the business globally including Treasury, Product Control, IT, Statutory Reporting, Operations and the Group Regulatory and Treasury teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of reporting.
- To consistently meet reporting deadlines and to deliver against overall targets.
- Working within a team where there will be a requirement to cross train with others for the provision of cover.
- Ensure completeness of reporting by reconciling the balances used for reporting against the final balance sheet values.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of static data through reconciliations and review.
- Responding to ad hoc queries from the business or other internal stakeholders, ensuring a swift response and compliance with the internal policy around the distribution of sensitive data.
- Involvement in projects on systems/process updates and testing the implementation of these as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining controls around manual hand-in's and complex formulas and bring any limitations in current process and controls to the attention of senior management.
- Quick learner as this role will need person to switch priorities frequently and move around
- Some basic understanding of Basel III Market risk calculation rules and familiar with wider regulatory reporting framework.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel in relation to large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Qlikview with the ability to run and modify reports would be preferable.
- Logical thinker comfortable with a changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Delivery oriented.
- Strong team focus.
- Controls focus - doing right things
- Financial Services industry experience
- Willing not only to embrace change but to actively look for improvements in current work practices.
- Knowledge of PRA regulatory capital requirements. Practical knowledge of Equities or Interest rate capital calculation will be a plus.
Experienced market risk candidates please indicate your interest by sending your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1219081