Marketing and BD Executive (4 months maternity cover)
Our client which is an international legal firm is looking for an experienced marketing person to join them on a 4 months maternity cover contract, to start in September 2018. This role is responsible for driving forward and supporting the business development and marketing activities of practice groups and industry sectors across Asia.
Under the direction of the Senior BD Manager, actively promote and facilitate cross-selling across
more offices (both Asia and beyond) and practice groups. To help drive forward the firm's client development efforts in Asia, including support for rolling out the firm's initiatives and supporting a number of 'Client Focused Growth' clients of the firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pitching - Prepare pitches and capability statements in line with firm guidelines, in English and Chinese. Working with local office teams, maintain a suite of local capability and pitch materials that are easily accessible and that are in line with the house style.
- Database Management - Work with the office teams to implement local deal capture processes and ensure that fee earners enter relevant deal information in the firm's deal and matter database. Maintain CVs for fee earners in the practice group, working where necessary with local office teams. Ensure that practice group client distribution lists are established and maintained in InterAction.
- Business Planning - Work with the leaders of assigned practice and industry groups to develop annual business plans for Asia. Develop and administer the groups' BD & Marketing budgets; and monitor spending against budgets.
- Strategic initiatives - Implement firm wide strategic marketing initiatives in Asia, including the firm's Client Focused Growth programme. Support and advise partners in all relationship management and business development efforts, including providing support for pitches and client feedback initiatives.
- Marketing - Prepare collateral supporting the relevant practice groups and industry sectors and ensure that it is updated on a regular basis. Ensure that descriptions on the firm's website are relevant and up-to-date.
- Directories - Prepare directory submissions relating to various practice groups. Work with office teams to ensure local practice submissions are aligned with, and include similar messages to, the regional submissions. Prepare submissions for relevant award ceremonies.
- Events - Support the organisation and execution of events. Coordinate any local sponsorships. Working with practice group teams, coordinate speaking engagements of fee earners.
- Other - Handle any other duties and responsibilities as identified from time to time by the Head of Marketing - Asia.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- 4-6 years' experience in similar roles ideally within an international professional services firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with Cantonese preferable as well.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field required
- A consistently positive attitude and a "can do" approach.
- The ability to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies.
- A sound understanding of professional marketing approaches and new business issues.
- Strong client development skills, preferably gained in an international organisation.
- The ability to think strategically and to analyse issues so as to identify creative solutions.
- Commercial awareness in both approach and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the firm.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.