Middle Office Operations Manager (6 months contract to perm)
|Salary:||S$80000 - S$120000 per annum|
Our client, a renowned Asset Manager, is urgently seeking a Middle Office Operations Manager to take on a 6 month contract role with a possibility of converting to permanent subject to performance. This role sits within the Middle Office/Change Integration function of the Operations department and requires the competence and ability to assume the following:
- Investment operations support for OTC Derivatives, broker account control/maintenance and portfolio account control/maintenance and;
- Change implementation/new account onboarding/new project initiation work activities.
Excellent multi-tasking skill is a pre-requisite as the role is expected to handle multiple projects concurrently, at varying stages of completion. Problem resolution skills as well as the ability to handle queries and interact maturely with senior stakeholders are also important traits.
A. New products/initiatives/clients' onboarding:
- Onboarding of new products/client mandates/accounts as well as fund re-shaping and transition/migration initiatives; gatekeeper to facilitate and co-ordinate for middle to back office operational readiness;
- Documentation of workflow for new business/new/product/new initiative/client's new requirements
- Establish control checklist or terms of reference on the requisite processes and procedures for tracking, monitoring and following through on any new product and mandate. This includes both internal and external stakeholders as well as service providers in the value chain.
B. Derivatives processing/investment operations:
- Lead the derivatives processing domain to enable accurate and timely operational support for derivatives trades. This includes documentation and oversight control for proper trade capture, trade processing, settlement, event monitoring, collateral management, valuation, portfolio reconciliation, trade repository reporting, billing and ancillary activities for OTC Derivatives.
- Monitoring of lifecycle events to ensure integration of fixings, coupon calculation, payoffs and early termination decisions.
- Update and document procedures, processes and controls and contribute to governance requirements
- Lead team members through day-to-day production and coaching. Provide technical guidance and key insights and ensure knowledge management and training within the team.
- Liaise with custodians for custody account opening and help ensure accounts for the relevant markets are opened in time for fund managers to commence trading.
- Liaise with client's appointed custodian for any asset transfer and help ensure that asset valuations are in order
- Monitor and ensure client's termination request is effected in accordance to the deadline and instructions given.
- Provide guidance to team members in troubleshooting and resolving daily operational issues and problems.
C. Brokers' and counterparties' account setup:
- Onboarding of brokers/counterparties for equity/bond/FX/FD/listed & OTC derivatives trading: account opening documentation, maintenance and safekeeping of counterparty agreements
- Provide regular account setup updates to the Investment Managers and Investment Risk.
- Own and assist in project assignments as and when required
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes pro-acitvely on the OTC derivatives space and partake in project spearheaded to align with market requirements
E. Business process improvement:
- Perform analysis on current business processes and work activities and make workflow and process improvement recommendations, focusing on operational workflow efficiency
- Assist to develop procedures and operational flow with relevant stakeholders
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong knowledge in fund management and trading investment operations workflow and processes
- strong knowledge in derivatives, equity, bond and FX trade processing, settlement operations and corporate actions processing
- Effective problem-solving skills and able to interact effectively with stakeholders including service providers in issue resolution
- Proficient in Bloomberg and MS Office applications
- Strong organisation and documentation skills. Meticulous and good with details
- Project management skills and good in time management and goal prioritisation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated with strong initiative. Able to work under pressure and datelines
- Interpersonal and supervisory skills and a team player with a can-do spirit
Experience and qualification:
- Bachelor degree in Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Economics
- 5-10 years relevant experience in an Asset Management firm or Asset Servicing Institution covering investment operations support, securities/derivatives trade processing and settlement and/or change implementation and management
- Prior experience in OTC Derivatives operations or hedge funds will be an advantage
Qualified candidates who are able to start work immediately are encouraged to submit their resumes in MS Word format .
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257