|Salary:||S$4000 - S$8000 per month|
RESPONSIBILITIES: Guided by department objectives and priorities, under minimal supervision provides organizational and substantive assistance to attorneys within the practice group. Assignments may extend into other practice areas. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
- Apply practice-related knowledge and skills to complete projects and tasks; effectively identify, promote, and apply technologies to maximize efficiency in carrying out assignments.
- Manage broad range of projects of varying degrees of complexity, adapting procedures as needed to meet business needs
- Leverage resources to efficiently gather data and to develop networks of relevant resources and services.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize effectively.
- Review documents and data; perform procedural and factual research with understanding of client and business needs.
- Create, organize and maintain, or oversee organization and maintenance of, client files.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, critical thinking, and ingenuity to assess alternatives and to identify and recommend solutions.
- Apply analytical skills to determine issues; proactively suggest appropriate solutions and recommendations to enhance final work product.
- May oversee and provide guidance to other paralegals to ensure effective collaboration and consistency and accuracy in work product.
- Comply with administrative requirements to meet billable expectations; prepare and release timenotes on a daily basis; prepare and submit timecards on a weekly basis.
Client Service, Confidentiality, and Safety
- Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
- Adhere to the Firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three years relevant experience in practice area or comparable work experience preferred.
- Corporate secretarial experience preferred.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and resolving issues proactively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow complex instructions with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to research, synthesize, and communicate large amounts of complex data.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to work longer hours as needed to meet business and client needs.
Specific Tasks (not exhaustive)
- Assist in all phases of corporate transactions from inception to closing.
- Assist with entity formation, including drafting subscription, shareholder, employment, and confidentiality agreements, checking and reserving corporate names, and preparing drafts of corporate organizational documents.
- Draft and file documents related to business incorporation and ongoing operations.
- Assist with closings of venture capital financings, funds, ventures, acquisitions and mergers, and other transactions.
- Assist with due diligence and data rooms.
- Organize and maintain deal documents, minute books, corporate records, and stock ledgers.
- Prepare summaries and charts of transaction documents
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257