Performance/Investment Analyst (6 months maternity contract)
We are actively seeking for a suitably qualified candidate to take on a 6 months contract with our client which is a well-known Asset Management. The incumbent will be working in the Performance department which is in charge of ensuring prompt, accurate calculation and reporting for all performance and composites, as well as other performance-related analytics for the firm.
Specifically, this would include but not be limited to, monitoring and measurement of investment performance, providing performance data reports on attribution, contribution, credit rating, duration, yield, sector and country allocation to Client Services, preparation and management of internal benchmarks, data management and provision of daily performance report. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills with a quantitative background, investment product knowledge, great attention to details, analytical skills, and communication skills. Experience with the FactSet performance measurement system is necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide investment performance reporting and analytics for all accounts and to support all the operations of the Performance Department.
- Supporting Senior Performance Analysts through the maintenance and measurement of data as well as providing assistance to projects involved with the enhancement and implementation of systems and software infrastructure. .
- Understand business problems, elicit business requirements, analyze, create specifications for and test data management, performance measurement and attribution calculation capabilities.
- Drive innovation in the design of the production process and ensure the quality control measures are designed efficiently to prevent material errors in data management, performance measurement and attribution calculation.
- RFP completion from a Performance perspective relating to performance track records, investment performance management framework, measurement & reporting capability.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge in ex-post performance measurement and attribution methodologies and analytics.
- Experience with FactSet performance measurement system is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel & Access database applications as well as VBA programming.
- Familiarity with SQL programming, Systems Development Life Cycle implementation methodology.
- Strong attention to details, quantitative analysis and project management skills.
- Professionalism; good organizational skills; ability to multi-task without compromising timeliness and accuracy; strong written and verbal communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive team player with ability to produce quality work independently with minimal supervision.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Minimum 1-3 years of direct working experience in performance measurement, attribution and analytics in asset management or related industry with familiarity to all investment categories, including derivatives.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257