Power Electronics Converter Engineer
Power Electronics Converter Engineer wanted for a world-class engineering firm!
- Dynamic working culture with incentives to innovate
- Collaboration across multidisciplinary teams across the globe
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and skilled professionals
Our client is a world-class engineering firm renowned in the automotive, aerospace and aviation industries. Due to headcount expansion, they are looking for a Power Electronic Converter Engineer to join their team. Your primary responsibilities will be R&D and product development for Power Electronic Converters across various industries. You will also be expected to advance knowledge on how to integrate power electronics converters with associated systems as well lead team efforts in the product cycle. You will also be expected to be the resident technical expert on power electronics and be a formal representative for our client.
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering with a major in Power Electronics
- Prior working experience with commercial solutions development from product concept to final deliverable
- Prior working experience developing and testing commercial high-voltage and high-power power electronics converters
- Strong technical expertise in power electronics converter topologies (e.g. DC/AC, AC/DC) and power semiconductor devices, all of which should be relevant to high power and voltage application
- Strong knowledge of gate driver design, controllers, magnetic components and the layout of a power converter system
- Strong knowledge of power converters in terms of thermal management and packaging
- Good experience in designing schematics and printed circuit boards (PCB) for high speed/voltage circuits
- Good experience in noise problem solutions in high switching frequency converters
- Good experience in design of EMI/EMC filters according to product and business requirements
- Good experience in time domain and modelling simulation software for power converter designs
- Good knowledge of FEM simulation tools that help optimise power converter design
- Well-equipped to work with embedded hardware and software suppliers to fulfil system requirements as well as a strong supplier and vendor database
The following qualifications are added advantages:
- Prior working experience in aerospace industry
- Experience with MatLab/Simulink/HDL coder for model-based design work
- Knowledge of gas turbine or aircraft engines
- Knowledge of standards for electrical systems across various industries, particularly aerospace
If you are think you are a good fit for this role, please send your resume to Alrissa.Zheng@ambition.com.sg or click APPLY NOW. For more information, please visit www.ambition.com.sg.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Business License Number: 200611680D. | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Registration Number: R2199382
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.