Private Banking Project Manager (12 months contract)
Our client is investing significantly in its Private Banking and Wealth Management capabilities to improve the Digital experience of clients and RMs and increase efficiency. The delivery Programmes within the PBWM portfolio are each aligned to a key product area or client segment, and span business change and technology delivery teams.
The Programme Manager will work closely with the Programme Accountable Executive, Product Owners and Technology Delivery Head to define and manage the delivery of technology solutions for PBWM clients. They will be responsible for implementing and maintaining effective controls and governance across all programme teams and stakeholder groups, and will foster collaboration both within the programme and with broader Private Banking & Wealth Management teams to drive effective execution.
- Manage the programme governance framework and be responsible for its effectiveness in providing oversight and direction to the product delivery teams.
- Prepare and deliver reporting materials to programme and portfolio level governance forums, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and relevance of data. Own the key messages to be delivered and approvals sought.
- Maintain the Programme Execution Document, detailing the budget, scope, resource and benefits for the programme; support the Accountable Executive in presenting the PED for approval by the Portfolio Governance Committee and for formally accepting subsequent changes.
- Implement and maintain the processes for reporting progress from Agile delivery teams to the programme and portfolio steering groups; keep all stakeholders informed of status.
- Ensure the programme has an effective structure for the management of risks and issues; that they are identified, maintained, reviewed, addressed and escalated in a timely manner.
- Responsible for alignment of the programme governance with bank standards, working closely with ePMO to define the implementation of the standards within the programme management plan.
- Provide a programme quality assurance capability; conduct scheduled and ad hoc reviews of all programme materials, and ensure that programme data is complete and accurate in the enterprise reporting system (Clarity).
- Prepare the programme budget as part of the PED and maintain it through the duration of the programme.
- Work with ITO Finance and other groups to provide an accurate view of actual spend; track and provide evidence for accruals, recharges and third party spend.
- Ensure accurate and realistic forecasts are maintained; monitor and follow up on variances; support the Accountable Executive in meeting the programme's financial commitments in each year and over the life of the programme.
- Encourage and enforce high standards of quality, accuracy and consistency in all project and programme logs, trackers and reporting materials.
- Identify impact on critical processes within the Bank's operational risk framework, and work with process owners and project teams to ensure robust controls.
- Develop commercialisation plans and training material, co-ordinate briefings, design and execute communication plans. Gather feedback post-implementation, and track benefits captured.
- Participate in review meetings and identify/highlight any potential issue that may impact project's cost, timeline and/or scope and work with concerned stakeholders for its early resolution
- Coordinate with Regional and Country counterparts / stakeholders in delivering the above. Role is global, physical location is with the global PBWM team in Singapore. May require occasional travel depending on specific projects.
- 4+ years banking experience as a Programme PMO, or as a senior PMO, within a large scale multi-year programme or a global Private Banking or Wealth Management business. Consulting experience at a top tier firm also preferred.
- PMP or CAPM certification preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Programme Governance disciplines (planning, reporting, risk management, QA, document management, financials, benefits, resource management, stage controls, stakeholder management and governance).
- Strong practical knowledge of project or programme delivery in an Agile environment.
- Experience in managing external vendors
- Experienced in supporting a global group and ability to work in a highly collaborative manner across the network with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline.
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously "see the big picture" and manage the details of implementation; ability to follow through on execution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wealth Management or Private Banking processes and technology systems
- Experience in lean / six sigma process improvement preferred
Interested Project Managers who are comfortable to take on a 12 months extendable contract are encouraged to submit their CVs in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial discussion.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D | Licence Number: 10C5117 | EA Personnel Registration Number: R1109257
Ambition not only recruits on behalf of some exceptional companies but due to unprecedented growth, Ambition is also looking for talented individuals to join our fantastic recruitment business. To apply for Ambition's current global opportunities click here.